Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs - page 4

reprinted from https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23/t1727571-2012-stanley-cup-playoffs/4.htm

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs
-------------------------------------------
Tbh I'm fine with Pittsburgh going out in the first round even if I picked them to make it to the eastern finals. Just one of the teams I don't like but I can't deny how good they are. Philly needs to eliminate them next game plz.

Watching Florida/New Jersey now. It's soooo boring there's not much going on in this game at all.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 6:54pm (PST)
Bloody hell, another eight goal game for the Flyers. That's 20 goals we've scored against the Pens in this series.

Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 7:39pm (PST)
I really wish I hadn't worked today because I watched the recap for the Pens/Philly game and there was a lot of fights. 0.0

Florida/New Jersey was a snoozefest. There was not much going on there. Florida ties the series.

Author:   Two_Step
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 10:37pm (PST)
Quick was able to fight away 41 shots on goals for a shutout, and Kings extend their lead to 3-0 in the series.

Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 10:48pm (PST)
Canucks are going out in the first round by the looks of it. -_-

Author:   zanderman
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 3:45am (PST)
So Hagelin gets suspended for 3 games for an elbow that he never intended. Yes the 165-Pound 5'8" Swede purposely tried to knock Alfredson out of the game. That makes a ton of sense.

While Carkner gets suspended for 1 game for maliciously attacking Brian Boyle and pounding on him while Boyle is on the ground.

Shea Weber meanwhile gets nothing for willingly punching a man in the back of the head and slamming his head into glass.

Have to love the NHL.

Author:   Zarathustra
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:22am (PST)
I thought it was pretty well known that they just use a computer program to randomly decide how many weeks a player will get. The post-season has only made this more blindingly obvious.

Author:   The Don
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 8:22am (PST)
quote zanderman
So Hagelin gets suspended for 3 games for an elbow that he never intended. Yes the 165-Pound 5'8" Swede purposely tried to knock Alfredson out of the game. That makes a ton of sense.
Intent doesn't matter. He got his elbow high and Alfy left the game. Doesn't matter how small you are, or your reputation, a headshot is a headshot. What's a joke is that apparently his suspension could be lowered if Alfy plays tonight.

I never imagine Carkner getting less than Hagelin. What Carkner did misrepresented the team. Yes, the team was upset that Boyle went after Karlsson and threw a couple jabs at him, but jumping a guy the next game isn't cool. What Neil did later that period was perfect; off the faceoff, bump into Boyle, initiate and let Boyle answer the bell. That's the way it's done, not cheap-shotting the guy and continuing to throw punches when he's on the ground.

Author:   LinkinPork
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 3:23pm (PST)
Meanwhile in Vancouver, downtown store owners let out sighs of relief.

Author:   zanderman
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 3:28pm (PST)
Intent should most certainly matter. Whether the guy you hit suffered an injury should mean nothing unless the attack was malicious. You expect Rene Bourque to be suspended for ages because Backstrom was out for a long time? Eric Staal for giving Marc Staal a concussion? Everything with Crosby?

The big *bleep*ing problem here is that it's the playoffs. You don't suspend Weber for a dirty play and you suspend Hagelin for the series for a bullshit elbow. Shannahan did not leave the Rangers on good terms I see.

Author:   Validation
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:25pm (PST)
Nothing to see here.....

I hate *bleep*ing Tortorella.

Author:   Two_Step
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
I'm loving the Obama masks at the Boston vs Washington game. Hopefully I can catch the game later.

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 5:42pm (PST)
zanderman, it was a stupid play by Hagelin. It's pretty clear he didn't mean to throw the hit high, but he did. There's no debate. An elbow is an elbow. The NHL is trying to rid the league of these stupid plays altogether. I'm not saying because Alfy was injured that Hagelin deserves the book to be thrown at him. The play should be penalized, not the result of the play. I'm just saying it hurts more knowing our captain was hurt.

The Weber no-suspension was terrible, but it shouldn't undermine this suspension. Still, I'm surprised Carkner got only 1 game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the NHL's every move. I would have given Carkner more than Hagelin, but the Hagelin hit should still be punishible.

Author:   Lesley Pro_04
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:48pm (PST)
Jason Chimera should get his ass kicked--that slashing penalty he took was because his stick hit Brad Marchand in the man region.

Referees are starting to royally screw up with the penalty calls/non-calls in the Bruins/Capitals game.

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:57pm (PST)
what a game between Ottawa and NY. THAT's playoff hockey.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2016.
All Rights Reserved.