Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » General Gameboy Advance » GBA screen brightness » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Mar 19, 02 at 1:01pmdonaghq

Hi there

Is there any fix for the GBA screen. It is an absolute disaster - it is so dark I cannot see a thing. Is there any way to brighten the screen. I bought a magnifier with lights but this really is not sufficient. It is a great system but it is not much good if you can't see the thing!!
I have searched message boards and do not find this to be a topic of conversation for which I am surprised - maybe my settings (what settings??) are incorrect! Please help.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 11, 16 at 2:55pm

Gba is from a time when they didn't have a backlight in handheld games. It has a front light meaning, You have to play it in a well lit area in order to see the screen, or tilt it towards light, or you can buy a little light adapter to clip onto the top if it. After Gameboy advance they came out with a newer Gameboy advance with a backlash instead of front light. You obviously have the order one. Don't waste your time with the little contrast button on the back. You will still have to sit near a window to play it or in a place with light.

Jun 8, 16 at 7:07am

Hi after 14 years iam also looking for screen dark

Any body there
Tik tik tik

Feb 16, 16 at 9:06pm

How to make the screen bright???? I can't see any thing

Aug 9, 15 at 7:14pm
Mega dhfhf

quote cooldude12
There is a secret contrast on the back of GBA. Just pull the gray sticker off and there is a little tiny hole that is the contrast. I would not mess with it though it might ruin your GBA. I herd this from someone in the other forum idjejs.

Jul 30, 15 at 4:11am

i cant even play pokemon fire red! it is really sad how they gave time to the gameboy advance sp and not to this system!

Nov 24, 13 at 4:09pm

quote Icey Squirrel Master
I remember that I had trouble while playing Castlevania because it wasn't bright enough.
same happened to me i was play Castlevania cotm

Mar 30, 13 at 12:35pm

I was about to say "Wtf? Just get a GBA SP, they're all over ebay" but then I realized that this thread was 11 years old

Dec 29, 12 at 2:01pm

Time to get the GBA SP AGS-101 LCD screen + the hand made ribbon cable adapter(From China) and put it in your GBA system. Works wonder and that will be my next mod!

Mar 31, 12 at 5:56pm

I have the SAME PROBLEM. D:

May 10, 02 at 2:19am
Golden Sun

Yuck I don't want that you know why because it costs half as much as a gba and it's not worth it there are things that 14.00 and they have the same purpose!!