Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » General Gameboy Advance » GBA screen brightness » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Mar 19, 02 at 1:01pmdonaghq

Hi there

Is there any fix for the GBA screen. It is an absolute disaster - it is so dark I cannot see a thing. Is there any way to brighten the screen. I bought a magnifier with lights but this really is not sufficient. It is a great system but it is not much good if you can't see the thing!!
I have searched message boards and do not find this to be a topic of conversation for which I am surprised - maybe my settings (what settings??) are incorrect! Please help.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 08, 16 at 7:07am
Hilano

Hi after 14 years iam also looking for screen dark

Any body there
Tik tik tik

Feb 16, 16 at 9:06pm
Errol

How to make the screen bright???? I can't see any thing

Aug 09, 15 at 7:14pm
Mega dhfhf

quote cooldude12
There is a secret contrast on the back of GBA. Just pull the gray sticker off and there is a little tiny hole that is the contrast. I would not mess with it though it might ruin your GBA. I herd this from someone in the other forum idjejs.

Jul 30, 15 at 4:11am
c00lwolf

i cant even play pokemon fire red! it is really sad how they gave time to the gameboy advance sp and not to this system!

Nov 24, 13 at 4:09pm
drewmew2

quote Icey Squirrel Master
I remember that I had trouble while playing Castlevania because it wasn't bright enough.
same happened to me i was play Castlevania cotm

Mar 30, 13 at 12:35pm
Guest123

I was about to say "Wtf? Just get a GBA SP, they're all over ebay" but then I realized that this thread was 11 years old

Dec 29, 12 at 2:01pm
Nusdogg

Time to get the GBA SP AGS-101 LCD screen + the hand made ribbon cable adapter(From China) and put it in your GBA system. Works wonder and that will be my next mod!

Mar 31, 12 at 5:56pm
Contrasty

I have the SAME PROBLEM. D:

May 10, 02 at 2:19am
Golden Sun

Yuck I don't want that you know why because it costs half as much as a gba and it's not worth it there are things that 14.00 and they have the same purpose!!

May 09, 02 at 1:01am
Canopus

There's this thing called an Afterburner. At portablemonopoly.com you can buy 1 for like 40 bucks. It goes in front of the LCD screen and behind the plastic cover. It also has a brightness thing. I'm not getting it though. That way you'll have an internally lit GBA.

And I don't know if that is how you spell monopoly so just change it if it is wrong.