Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon Black & White Version 2 » People who wait » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Apr 13, 12 at 11:24amsampunas123

I don't know if this is off-topic, but since the games are involved in this disscusion I think it's OK. So do you guys remember that guy named Peter who told us not to buy B/W games, but to wait for Grey because that's gonna be an upgraded version of the game and we won't have as much fun playing the same story for the second time? Apearently he wasn't the only one who did it. Some of my friends did that too and held off on buying B/W. Now when they heard the news most of them got B/W right away. Maybe some of you didn't get B/W, but were really looking forward to the next game? Share your stories.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 25, 12 at 2:40am
Peter

You can even answer questions that people ask you "Do you know what this is" "Do you have a pokemon" bla bla bla" so you can make them think you haven't played Black/White

So, please tell me why it was completely necessary for sampunas123 to make a thread just to point and laugh at my personal choice. Why do you even care?

Why would I be petty? I'm very happy right now, the only one whose being petty is the OP and most of the people who posted here.

"WAHHHHH PETER DIDNT BUY BLACK OR WHITE AND WAITED FOR B/W2 OH WAIT I KNOW LETS MAKE A THREAD TO BASH HIM BECAUSE OF HIS PERSONAL CHOICE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Oct 24, 12 at 4:30pm
Phi

quote Pikachu
Peter, you are so pety.
    This.

All your petty comments just seem like you're trying to affirm yourself that you did the right thing. What's better is playing both games. It's a really nice feeling to be reminded of things that happened before.

Oct 23, 12 at 1:45pm
RegalBryant

I gotta say, this Peter guy has never been so wrong. I bought Black, and I now bought White 2, and I gotta say, the difference between them (even not including the difference between Black/black2 and White/White2) is like the difference between Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.

Oct 23, 12 at 10:53am
Pikachu

Peter, you are so pety.

Oct 23, 12 at 9:22am
Peter

Well, I hope you're happy, sampunas123. You made a thread just to point and laugh at my own personal decision and try to persuade me to buy either of the inferior duo.

I just picked up Pokemon Black 2 today and I'm loving it so far. Patience was never so rewarding.

May 03, 12 at 7:20am
InsanityS

quote Peter
B/W2 is coming out in less than a month in Japan, that's because they didn't need to make the entire game from scratch, they simply had to edit it and put new features inside. If it were going to be an entirely new game, it would take longer to make.
Nobody is suggesting it's going to be an entirely new game with brand new everything. That would be a silly thing to believe. We know full well they're reusing assets from Black/White. What we're thinking and hoping for is that the changes here are going to be more significant than the third versions we've been "treated" to in the past.

You could be right. We could be right. What we're saying is that we're not going to write it off as yet another (paired) third version until we see more of it at release.

Of course, you're free to do whatever you please in terms of playing them, despite my jesting. If you will feel no regret in playing only one of these sequels and not touching the originals then cool, good for you.

quote Peter
I would only buy B/W if somehow you couldn't transfer from Gen IV to B/W2.
Don't give them ideas. D:

May 03, 12 at 6:23am
Dark Arcanine

Yeah, the new protagonists were big news in this forum just a couple of weeks ago. I don't think you realise the extent to which these titles are the sequel to Black and White, and that's why you're confused about how similar they actually are.

Also, nice one IP.

May 03, 12 at 5:00am
Squiggle

quote Peter
To put it one way: you're still in the Unova region (if you bought black/white), then somehow you had never beaten the elite 4, you don't have your same Pokemon, you don't have your badges when you buy B/W 2.
To put it one way: That's why they're using different protags.

May 03, 12 at 4:44am
Peter

quote Insanity Prevails
buy black or white
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BL6QvKljo

It will be the same game. I have one piece of evidence to prove it:

B/W2 is coming out in less than a month in Japan, that's because they didn't need to make the entire game from scratch, they simply had to edit it and put new features inside. If it were going to be an entirely new game, it would take longer to make.

Also I don't get how it's supposed to be a sequel, let's say you play the story in Black/White. In B/W2's story you would logically think that you should start out with all the same Pokemon, all the same stats, already beat the Elite 4 etc. etc, but no. You start out just like any other Pokemon game.

To put it one way: you're still in the Unova region (if you bought black/white), then somehow you had never beaten the elite 4, you don't have your same Pokemon, you don't have your badges when you buy B/W 2.

I would only buy B/W if somehow you couldn't transfer from Gen IV to B/W2.

May 03, 12 at 1:09am
Dragoon

quote Insanity Prevails
quote Peter
And I don't care if it's a sequel, if I bought B/W I would have to play through the Unova region again when I get B/W 2. It's the same game with only a few differences. I don't care about the story, stop encouraging me to buy Black or White.
It could be worth a purchase, but it really depends basically on how they approach it and what changes are packed into the region. We have promise for some sweeping changes that could make exploring Unova a somewhat different experience.

We'll just have to wait and see.