Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Yu-Gi-Oh! » Yu-Gi-Oh! Neowiki » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Apr 8, 12 at 9:32pmQuetzalcoatl

Introduction

Hello all and welcome to the Yu-Gi-Oh neowiki thread. Here you'll find general guides on how to create and maintain a proper wiki page, links of interest and yugioh neowiki pages that need work. It is encouraged to provide feedback for existing pages, request for creation of a new page or suggest a new idea on how to make the Yu-Gi-Oh neowiki better or for this document. Together we plan, together we build! The basic ideal of a neowiki is the participation of everyone.

What is a neowiki?
A neowiki is an information database where members can freely contribute valuable content. Members can freely create pages, add/remove content and help organize.

The purpose of a neowiki -
A neowiki serves the same purpose as any other information resource: provide the most up-to-date information corresponding to a specific franchise, articles and general news. Unlike most wikis, neowikis have an extra advantage that these can easily be embedded in forums and a wiki page can automatically be tied to a thread by the system as long as the title holds some resemblance to that neowiki.

Contributing and suggesting content for the Yu-Gi-Oh! neowiki -
Any member is free to contribute to the neowiki. However, you may ask for feedback on the content you'll be submitting in this thread or alternately in any talk page created in the neowiki you'd be willing to help; in this case the Yu-Gi-Oh neowiki talk page. The content submitted shouldn't be breaking any of Neoseeker Rule's and should also be top-quality content. If your in doubt, feel free to ask help in this thread. Otherwise, proceed with your contributions. If you have any new ideas for the wiki on how things should be done or any request on something that needs to be added, feel free to share that in this thread as well. Please read the Introduction to Neowikis thread created by Redemption for general notes.

Contributors are encouraged to learn the basic of coding for neowiki. It doesn't take long to make a page with basic wiki mark-up. You can use the basics neowiki FAQ page to learn all these codes or the Wikipedia Tutorial.

Short and wanted pages -
There are some cases where some wiki pages stayed at an incomplete state. These pages are listed in the short content page. The wanted page is a specific area where the neowiki is telling us that it currently needs content for those terms or pages. To add content to those pages just click on them and it'll automatically take you to a new page creation area where you can start to write your valuable input.

Neowiki Staff -
Staff members have more options among their respective wikis. They can move and delete pages and admins can lock down a page to prevent it from being updated. You may contact the corresponding staff member if you wish to have a specific page moved, deleted or locked. Also, with continuous contributions to the neowiki you can also be promoted to be a neowiki staff! That will give you more tools for your contributing experience since staff members continue to add content to their neowiki. For a general list of wikisuper, you can check out the Neowiki Super page.

Where can I go to learn more about NeoWikis?

You can visit the following forums; You can also visit the general Neoseeker wiki; Or, you can visit any of the other 150+ NeoWikis!
Thanks for taking your time to read through this simple but helpful FAQ. The next step would be to start the planning and writing of content corresponding to the Yu-Gi-Oh! neowiki!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 17, 14 at 7:35am
Miragedres

Heheh. We are Chaos mons... I mean, yes. Thanks to everyone who helped over the years. Believe it or not, you all were an inspiration.

Feb 17, 14 at 6:05am
Swampert X

After the fall of our white knight Miragedres as Wiki Leader, your dark knight of the YGO wiki has fallen too.

It won't mean that the Wiki won't be promoted every now and then and I'd like to thanks everyone who has helped us the past 2 years at least.

Feb 10, 14 at 2:48am
Swampert X

AzulTheCerulean20, simple the adding of cards.

You can use the templates of the most recently added cards asia example and the largest articles on decks need to be edited to fit the current format and of course, you can write about other decks using those as an example

Feb 10, 14 at 2:44am
AzulTheCerulean20

I got the notification too, what kind of help do you need, I have somewhat of a vast knowledge in low tier decks that can be made competitive, and also some knowledge in the video games, just let me know what you need.

Feb 9, 14 at 5:09pm
Swampert X

PikaPower, that would be fine.

Adding cards would be a major asset too.

My Mac is being an ass in terms of letting me edit the wiki properly so I can only guide it all along until my PC is fixed XD

Feb 9, 14 at 4:28pm
Chromatus

Swampert X
I got the community notification. What kind of stuff do you want done on the wiki right now?
I could help out with video game stuff, also, would a wiki page for Yu-Gi-Oh Online, and Dueling Network be allowed?

Jan 27, 14 at 1:25pm
Miragedres

quote Been
quote Miragedres
quote Symphonic Abyss
Hi guys. I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Miragedres for his exceptional help on the NeoWiki for all of this time. You've been a great contributor and leader, so thanks, bud.
4 shizzle my nizzle wizzle rizzle
I think you have just given me diabetes...
100% DIABEETUS

Jan 27, 14 at 1:22pm
Been

quote Miragedres
quote Symphonic Abyss
Hi guys. I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Miragedres for his exceptional help on the NeoWiki for all of this time. You've been a great contributor and leader, so thanks, bud.
I think you have just given me diabetes...

Jan 25, 14 at 7:33pm
Miragedres

quote Symphonic Abyss

Jan 25, 14 at 7:31pm
Symphonic Abyss

Hi guys. I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Miragedres for his exceptional help on the NeoWiki for all of this time. :) You've been a great contributor and leader, so thanks, bud.