Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Role Playing » Neo the World Project Thread : Input, Feedback, and Questions much appreciated... » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Mar 20, 12 at 6:48amTiger go Meow

This is what I have for the basic write down for Neo the World, which is the "Sanctum" project I may, or may not, have alluded to in the past in the General Discussion thread.

Be warned this is a very bare bones write up as to not bog this thread down the initial postings with tons of detail. Details will come more over time, as I refine what I have wrote and get feedback from users.

By the way, participation in NtW once it's completely is 100% voluntary. It is not going to be forced.

Neo the World

Social Networking:
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • Facebook
  • Chat program to front the group? IRC maybe? DA?
Run Down:

These are just things that I thought to add to NtW over time.
  • Multi-Verse Setting – Allows for a distinct variation in characters. People can come from just about anywhere and mingle in the AU Earth that NTW takes place in. This is similar to my model for the NDL.
  • Social Role Play – Members can create threads that are based around locations to RP “socially.” For example “Moonlit Forest,” “The Sovereign's Flask,” and so on. They can be basic locations, taverns, cities, and on and on...
  • Story focused role-plays will be called Storylines. A Storyline is an RP that either does, or does not take place in the set up of NtW. This allows for Feature and Original Role-Plays to still take place in between all of the social role-play Neo the World is meant to promote.
  • In addition to Social Role-Play a structure for Guilds and Organizations is being built. This will allow a “clan” element to be added to the forum for people to join in and have their groups. Strife between factions, alliances, and much more can be involved adding to the “organic” story line of Neo the World.
  • The original NDL concept for duels will be adapted and looked at to figure out a way to implement a sparring/fighting system to the Roleplay. However, this is another later addition that is currently under progress.
  • Need to consider how Character, Character Limits, Character Slot earn will work. Possibly generate a currency tracking system?
What Threads I'll need to make?
  • A new Rules thread highlighting all the NtW updates
  • A glossary within the Rules thread highlighting Role-player terminology and terminology unique to the NtW setup.
  • A character registry thread in which we can index the registered characters of users and character sheets can go into. Debate on whether the Character profiles pages should be individual threads, or implemented with RP Profile threads.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 25, 12 at 10:20pm
Kybur

So Neo the World, in-game, acts as a hub to an abundance of other worlds and universes. This is to say it can connect to other RPs as well? Will players be allowed to leave the hub world for any reasons they see fit?

Mar 21, 12 at 12:30pm
Victor

quote Tiger go Meow
quote Victor
So, will all RP's be part of Neo The World? What about 'feature' RP's?
quote Tiger go Meow
Story focused role-plays will be called Storylines. A Storyline is an RP that either does, or does not take place in the set up of NtW. This allows for Feature and Original Role-Plays to still take place in between all of the social role-play Neo the World is meant to promote.
Think of it like those Chat Room communities akin to Rhy'Din. You got this general multi-verse world that everyone can play in, but people still can make Role-Plays (that they call Storylines) that are focused on a specific created setting and story in which members take part.

Thanks, I really appreciated the clarification. Honestly, I was a bit confused by all this.

Mar 21, 12 at 8:44am
Tiger go Meow

quote Scott Cee
Will this initiative lead to all sorts of more clarifiers and descriptors and other abbreviations to go in the title of PMs?
This is one thing I'm tackling to avoid more thread tagging. I'm starting to think instead of tagging the thread to all hell from the start, that members can make all disclaimers, expectancies, and rules known at the top of their initial thread post. This is to avoid all that tagging, which honestly does look a bit ugly.

Mar 21, 12 at 8:42am
Scott Cee

Will this initiative lead to all sorts of more clarifiers and descriptors and other abbreviations to go in the title of RPs?

Mar 21, 12 at 8:41am
Tiger go Meow

quote Victor
quote Tiger go Meow
Story focused role-plays will be called Storylines. A Storyline is an RP that either does, or does not take place in the set up of NtW. This allows for Feature and Original Role-Plays to still take place in between all of the social role-play Neo the World is meant to promote.
Think of it like those Chat Room communities akin to Rhy'Din. You got this general multi-verse world that everyone can play in, but people still can make Role-Plays (that they call Storylines) that are focused on a specific created setting and story in which members take part.

Mar 21, 12 at 7:57am
Victor

Mar 20, 12 at 4:25pm
Tiger go Meow

quote Kybur
quote Tiger go Meow
quote Kybur
Alright. So this "forum" currency sounds like a workable idea. But as for NtW, in-game currency is pretty much go-crazy?
Essentially, yes. IC currency is the construct of the characters within the world.

So no gold coins or holographic chits or anything?
I think I'll cover that when I do the setting notes which are like 20% done...

Mar 20, 12 at 4:22pm
Kybur

quote Tiger go Meow
quote Kybur
Alright. So this "forum" currency sounds like a workable idea. But as for NtW, in-game currency is pretty much go-crazy?
Essentially, yes. IC currency is the construct of the characters within the world.

So no gold coins or holographic chits or anything?

Mar 20, 12 at 4:19pm
Tiger go Meow

quote Kybur

Mar 20, 12 at 4:13pm
Kybur