Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Minecraft » Minecraft Global Ban List » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Nov 29, 11 at 4:41pmLaika

Hi guys. For a while now (ever since aVo fanboys hit NeoCraft) I've wanted to save server admins the time that is needed to deal with mass griefer communities, such as those that use Team Avolition's YouTube channel as a "GriefHub", if you like. I, and any of moderators/admins on NeoCraft at the time, remember how much time and effort was put in to effectively making the server grief-free without using a whitelist. Now I quite recently decided to build up a collection of Minecraft players who I have personally seen in action spamming or griefing. And I'm currently working on this project, which I've imaginatively named the Minecraft Global Banlist. And today I finally managed to get a domain for it. (MinecraftBanList.net) I'm going to build up a database of hackers/griefers/spammer in the Minecraft community, which server admins will be free to use to stop them accessing and ding damage to their servers.

But, I cannot do this on my own, and I will need some help building up the database and developing the site.

If you are interested in helping me out here, send me an email to webmaster@mcbanlist.net

If you want to see my progress so far, or want to download the list for your server, here's the link...

neo.mcbanlist.net

Benedict, I've heard that you're good at HTML, would you be willing to help?

And Chekkaa, if this post is advertising, feel free to delete it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 5, 12 at 10:35pm
toxic375

quote Pop3464
Why does the Link lead to a GoDaddy Site?
Because Laika must have bought a different domain then he originally planned to, the correct one is mcbanlist.net not MinecraftBanList.net

Apr 5, 12 at 12:13pm
Pop3464

Why does the Link lead to a GoDaddy Site?

Mar 29, 12 at 7:41pm
Legolas777

quote xa0s
your list just got hacked buddy. major hacked[u][/u]
Poor little troll, trying to make himself feel good

Mar 29, 12 at 5:58pm
xa0s

your list just got hacked buddy. major hacked[u][/u]

Feb 22, 12 at 2:30pm
Lewdew

Why not make a more reliable list through a plugin.

Say perhaps you allow trusted & known server owners to use the plugin and it would compile and sync with a list of other server owners/admins ban lists and that's what you give out.

It would get rid of people being blacklisted because of stupid admins and a reliable list to use.

Feb 12, 12 at 10:20am
Fokus

Как попасть в ваш вайт-лист..Подскажите пожалуйста![b][/b][i][/i][u][/u]

Feb 9, 12 at 7:38am
timzer3

I agree with earlier statements about McBans being a little tricky at times, especially when players are banned for no reason. Things like this happen on almost any server, for instance on **** server. I was using LogBlock to determine who had griefed an area, i found two names and the player who was building before the grief. I banned both. After getting a ban appeal i went back and checked again because the player had said they had been rebuildng. It turned out they were right. They had started rebuilding because the original builder had been their friend. The problem is, on many servers Admins wouldn't go back and check. Or wouldn't recieve that ban appeal. If a server was using McBans and banned a person, then players who do nothing wrong could easily be banned.

This is one example of human error, but on many other servers players are banned because admins dont like them or for many other reasons. Using things like McBans can be a disadvantage because these players may not have done anything wrong.

Also a common plugin used for cheating is NoCheat, which is still quite buggy. It is a good idea for a plugin and is useful, but going by it alone leads to banning players who haven't done anything wrong and are simply glitching out on a stone slab or some such.

This is a long post, and so far I've just ranted on about why I dislike the idea of McBans, so what i want to know is: How will this be any different?

Thanks for your time

Dec 5, 11 at 11:46pm
toxic375

quote Laika
toxic375 Thanks for the list, I'll see what I can use.
No problem, also I'm sue you could send a message to Chekkaa and Benedict to see if they can (if they are not already doing so) post their bans and the evidence on their server websites. Also if you want to you can use LeoCity's if you are interested: LeoCity's Ban Evidence Forum

Best of luck to you and I can't wait to see your site when it is fully online!

Dec 5, 11 at 7:14pm
Laika

toxic375 Thanks for the list, I'll see what I can use.

And btw guys, what do you think of website's theme? If you want to see a little example of it check out the error page...

Error 404

Dec 2, 11 at 11:39pm
toxic375

quote Laika
Isn't Firestar the creator of MCBans? You'd think he'd be the most helpful...

And toxic, those names would be great. And if you could get the forum post then even better, as I'll then be able to use it as a proof link.
Yeah, but we all have bad days especially when you're idea that you've fostered like a child is being criticized left and right and you can't figure out how to make everyone happy, I've been there before and it sucks..

Also, I will look around on their site for the list and if I can't find it I will ask around and see if anyone else does and let you know

[edit] I couldn't find it :/ but on mcbans.com (after doing a google search for "minecraft compromised accounts") I found this list of accounts that you can scroll through:
http://forums.mcbans.com/index.php/topic,602.msg1670.html#msg1670