Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Trailer - Nov 02 » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Oct 25, 11 at 12:43pmtekmosis

So the trailer comes out on the 2nd, time to hype this up....with a count down timer!

Trailer Is Here!

In all its glory.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 25, 12 at 4:19am
HilaryDuffGta

yes certain flat screen tv's have setup's that can connect a pc to them to use the flat screen as a monitor

Aug 25, 12 at 3:28am
Tec 9

If this comes out on PC, is it possible to connect the PC to a TV and connect a 360 controller to it?

Aug 25, 12 at 1:59am
HilaryDuffGta

maybe we will get a second trailer soon,im just glad we are getting a few screen shots for the last few days,i hope they are building up to a trailer but i want a release date,i need to know when this is coming out so i can pre order it

Aug 24, 12 at 5:57pm
Master

So the 'screens' section of the page is filled up without any empty spaces left, perhaps they were whetting everyone for trailer 2, maybe this weekend?

Apr 09, 12 at 5:45am
BlackLabel

quote Randome
quote Master
Maybe they're doing a first-day PC release and the trailer is footage from it.
It would be great if the PC version came out first and then they'd just wait until the next generation consoles come out, to release the console versions, but that's not too likely. The console versions are always released first, or at best at the same time.
I think Rockstar are changing their approach to PC.. Max Payne 3 was in development for PC at the same time as the Console versions. The only reason the PC version has been delayed by two weeks is because they wanted to make sure DX11 was working properly. If that is happening then GTA V could very easily be a PC day one release.

quote Master
V doesn't just have enhanced shaders or filters, it has really detailed models, animation, and higher resolution textures as well. Maybe they're doing a first-day PC release and the trailer is footage from it. If that were so, I wouldn't question it... it's just consoles are notoriously bad at having decent textures.
Yeah I think GTA V may be on PC straight away.. It wouldn't surprise me if the trailer was from the PC version, but I would also say it would be unfair on Console gamers to tease a game in a visual presentation they won't get. Unless it is on next gen, but if that was the case I'd expect even better visuals than what was shown.. I guess it could be possible for GTA V on PS3 and 360 to look like that, but I would be concerned about texture pop in and object pop in issues, not to mention a rough frame rate.. Will be interesting to see what happens though.

Apr 08, 12 at 12:39pm
Randome

quote Master
Maybe they're doing a first-day PC release and the trailer is footage from it.
It would be great if the PC version came out first and then they'd just wait until the next generation consoles come out, to release the console versions, but that's not too likely. The console versions are always released first, or at best at the same time.

Apr 08, 12 at 12:33pm
Master

ENB/ICEnchancer does, as you said, show what the engine can do on powerful hardware... but the PS3/360 hardware is static and outdated. That screenshot has additional modifications, like high res textures - something the consoles certainly couldn't do.

V doesn't just have enhanced shaders or filters, it has really detailed models, animation, and higher resolution textures as well. Maybe they're doing a first-day PC release and the trailer is footage from it. If that were so, I wouldn't question it... it's just consoles are notoriously bad at having decent textures.

Apr 08, 12 at 6:20am
BlackLabel

quote Master
Here's an interesting side-by-side comparison of IV and V:

I dunno... unless they fine-tuned and optimized the hell out of their engine, this MIGHT be a next-gen game. I hope it's a leap forward, similar to how III and SA are so incredibly different but were on the same hardware.
It's just fine tuned.. It's not next-gen. The PC version of GTA IV with the ICEnchancer mod shows what the engine is really capable of. The mod unlocks it and that shows what next gen GTA will look like..

Stuff like that.. That is what the RAGE engine can do on powerful enough hardware. GTA V is no where near that which means it is still on PS3 and 360.. It's merely the same visuals as GTA IV just tweaked and fine tuned a bit.

Apr 07, 12 at 10:12am
PSTW0

quote Master
Here's an interesting side-by-side comparison of IV and V:

Wow, when you compare them side by side like that there is a huge difference! Definitely didn't realize the change by just watching the GTA V trailer by itself when it first came out.

Apr 07, 12 at 5:14am
TheArsenalGuy

quote ChiroVette
quote KR_1250
WOW WAIT !

When some people like Chiro and that were saying they wanted more fun, did they mean getting rid of the physics engine aswell ?

Thats certainly not what i want. I want the realistic physics and car handling with more fun stuff added on top of that. I dont want a return to the shitty arcade car handling of old and jerky character movement, lack of rag doll etc etc etc.

The game engine is one of the best out there, i say use the relism and detail to build a foundation and sprinkle that with rediculous anarchy.

I would never want a return to a more basic game engine. Maybe iv picked this up wrong. I thought the people who didnt enjoy GTAIV would be feeling very positive after that trailer.
I absolutely HATE the Rage/Euphoria engine, including the driving, and pretty much the entirety of the "heavy" physics of the game. Do I want the game to be glitchy like San Andreas now that we are on a new console? Of course not? But I want my character (like Saint's Row is still doing) to be able to have infinite run and run very fast rather than plod along like Niko does.

What I would like to see from V is a return to not only the wild and wacky gameplay BUT the wacky physics that loosens the game up and causes all kinds of fast paced things to happen while just walking around. For me, I hate realism in games. I can tolerate it from racing sims or even FPS's, but I like my sandbox games to be unrealistic through and through. For my taste, the entire physics in GTA IV seems "bogged down" and restrictive, and again, I am not just talking about the gameplay elements. I tried one of the episodes for a little while on my laptop, where both are installed. I think it was BoGT, but Master can tell you. And you know what? Once I started walking around with the character, got into a vehicle and drive for a little while, I was reminded all over again of why I HATE GTA IV. Mind you, I didn't even play a single mission. Didn't have to. I couldn't even enjoy just *bleep*ing around in the game lol.
Well Chiro,i hate to break it to you, but it's only gonna get worse from here on in. things will get heavy, like character movement and driving. That's the line R* is taking. And well for myself, i love it. I played SA after IV and i was just thinkin, where is the strategic shooting? Like if i'm in a cop chase, i shoot and run basically the whole time. But in IV, you have different tactics to play around with, taking corners to shake off the cops, hiding behind trash cans so the cops can't see you, and taking cover (i love this feature tbh).

Driving was really poor in SA. Very poor compared to IV. IV had a true feeling to it and i'm not saying it's better because it's more realistic but because it's more enjoyable. Driving felt very rewarding. In SA i found it difficult to get form one side of the city to the other without my car blowing up. In IV,it's easier to avoid accidents and the cars take a lot more damage which is great.

Don't get me wrong, i loved SA and i like IV even more which shows you can like arcadey stuff and realism too. but i gotta agree that Niko feels just a little too sluggish at times. It's not very bad, but i feel he could be a little faster. Tbh i wouldn't mind if the next main character could do a little parkour sorta stuff. As long as they don't overdo it.

Also when you said you hate Euphoria, does that involve the rag doll style physics? Like shooting someone near some stairs and they tumble down instead of just laying on the stairs.