Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Suggestion] PokeDex for Neoseeker » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Sep 4, 11 at 1:13amPokemonrayquaza

YES! I know we have Serebii and a pokemonneowiki and blah blah blah. But the neowik (pokemon one) lacks the use of pokedex info.( YES! I know it wasn't made for a pokedex but as marioorluigi said, it lacks pokedex info.) And all I ever hear is: Serebii Serebii. An I'm like why not say: Neoseeker! Neoseeker!. Of course we need to find a way to get the information. But if wee do get information from somewhere. I'd be willing to contribute. Even darkespellcaster said so.(sorry for putting you on the spot man) I really think neoseeker should have it's own pokedex section like other sites. Heck we could be better than serebii.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 17, 11 at 3:17am

Guys, rather than clutter up this thread with Wiki-related suggestions for the PokeWiki, it's probably best to be taken to this thread.

Sep 16, 11 at 4:16pm

quote Symphonic Abyss
I'm betting 90% of that came from other sites.

Sep 16, 11 at 2:31am
Symphonic Abyss

I can vouch for what Nagare said about tidiness on the pages. We've actually got some ideas in mind to clean up the TCG pages, but if we do it the way I've seen it from even before I started putting that info up, the page will basically look just like Bulba's, which can equate to plagiarism, despite the different content. We're working on trying to figure out what we're going to do right now.

Sep 15, 11 at 9:32pm

walnuts, that's because certain wikis (like Pokémon) are and the staff are afraid to try to redesign it effectively because it would require a LOT of work and they would likely end up looking like they ripped off of bulbapedia or someone else.

Symphonic Abyss, a bot could grab the content from the wiki and make it look nice tbh

Sep 15, 11 at 9:17pm
Symphonic Abyss

Even so, there's no reason to request a Pokédex for Neoseeker when you've got one that works perfectly fine on the NeoWiki. :L The fact is, it'd just be a redundant waste of time.

Sep 15, 11 at 4:59am

My 2 cents:

I always thought the Neowiki's lacked polish when compared with their rivals. Content is fine, just it looks and feels amateurish.

Sep 15, 11 at 2:58am
Symphonic Abyss

Pokemonrayquaza - Have you even looked at the wiki? If not, look at our Charizard Pokédex page, then our Charizard Base Set TCG page. I guarantee you - we've got it covered for the most part. There's absolutely no trouble looking into the wiki, as it's all laid out in an easy to understand manner. We've had people work on this stuff for years, and it's finally all set up - please use it.

I guarantee you that if people look into it, it will suffice and overjoy them. ;D

Sep 15, 11 at 2:23am

quote Pokemonrayquaza
Well it would be great if you could add pokedex info TO the pokemon Wiki.
There's no legitimate reason why you can't.

Sep 15, 11 at 1:31am

quote Quetzalcoatl
quote Benedict
Why are we making another pokemon wiki when you could add to bulbapedia... the same could be said about anything.

Because Bulbapedia or Serebii along with any other wikia isn't part of Neoseeker, that's why. Neoseeker having its own wiki pages provides us information that we can gladly say it came from Neoseeker and that on its own is enough to encourage a community. I much prefer to contribute to Neoseeker, the site that has provided me the best information on the net and overall the site that I can call home.
Neoseeker doesn't have to be this community that does everything. Serebii and Bulbapedia already do excellent jobs and from my usage of them, have always been reliable. Why would I go to the Neowiki when the two I listed are the first result (and have been checked numerous times), and for everything else there exists a wikia page with enough information?

Not to bash the Neowiki or anything, but the usefulness of it seems very limited when every game is usually covered by wikia.

Sep 15, 11 at 12:28am

Well it would be great if you could add pokedex info TO the pokemon Wiki.