Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Street Fighter X Tekken » Whats your favourite? Street fighter or Tekken? » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Aug 05, 10 at 2:14pmmoultage

Mines got to be Tekken i grew up on Tekken and mortal kombat but i do play street fighter rarely compared to tekken, I just hope Devil kazuya is in it, if it carries over from tekken 6 i dont think devil jin should be in it but human jin should and definetly heihachi, i wonder if this game will effect the storyline of tekken? Post your favourite of the two games and opinions on Street Fighter X Tekken.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 20, 12 at 7:04pm
Shinobi_razor

except Tekken characters have a lot more Chinese names and SF has only a couple.

Mar 20, 12 at 12:43am
Kokoro

I would say both of them have more of a Japanese feel.

Mar 19, 12 at 1:39am
Shinobi_razor

yeah i know. i guess one reason is i like SF's more focus on Japanese culture and characters (at least 8 off the top of my head are from Japan or have Japanese heritage), where Tekken seems to have more of a Chinese feel, i guess?

Mar 19, 12 at 12:09am
Kokoro

quote Shinobi_razor
ive always been more of a SF kid though, the characters on the whole seem more interesting and have better names IMO than Tekken's more ordinary Anna, Paul, Bob, Julia, etc.
But then again, Tekken also has names like Jin, Jun, Kazuya, Heihachi, Hwaorang, Xiaoyu and Lei.

Mar 18, 12 at 2:35pm
Shinobi_razor

^ joke fail.

i only played a couple Tekkens, and would always play as Jack and button mash. would do a lot of the move where he falls face first onto the opponent, or when he sits down and swings his arms wildly. both always made me LOL.

ive always been more of a SF kid though, the characters on the whole seem more interesting and have better names IMO than Tekken's more ordinary Anna, Paul, Bob, Julia, etc.

Mar 18, 12 at 2:33am
Gazmando

quote Kokoro
quote Gazmando
quote Kokoro
I like Tekken more, even though I've played Street Fighter first. Tekken is actually my favorite fighting game series.
Have my babies?
What are talking about?
I just share your sentiment with regards to Tekken

Mar 18, 12 at 1:57am
Kokoro

quote Gazmando
quote Kokoro
I like Tekken more, even though I've played Street Fighter first. Tekken is actually my favorite fighting game series.
Have my babies?
What are talking about?

Mar 17, 12 at 11:02am
Gazmando

quote Kokoro
Have my babies?

Mar 09, 12 at 1:00am
Danger

Definitely preffered Tekken. Some great memories of playing it on the PSX, always enjoyed the story as well.

Mar 09, 12 at 12:58am
Kokoro

quote Muller
quote Kokoro
quote Muller
Gameplay of Tekken(pre-6) and the characters from Street Fighter. Both have good grphic styles in their own rights.
Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the gameplay in Tekken 6? I liked it a lot, personally.
One thing I didn't like was the bound system. It allows combos which are in my opinion too damaging. If I launched a player, I could take around half a character's health which is a little punishing, don't you think.

Otherwise the game wasn't bad although, itwasn't quite up with 5 for me.
I actually agree that the bound system was going a bit overboard. But otherwise, I did like the gameplay in Tekken 6.