F.E.A.R. User Reviews
In recent years, it strikes me that the larger video game devs have become a bit too arrogant for their own good. The strategy is to throw enough money at a franchise until it becomes the golden standard for the genre (think Call of Duty, Resident Evil) and then you don’t even need to bother with innovation. Just put a shitload more work into the trailer than into the game...
You knew that leaving the army for a special unit concerning paranormal would have turned as an interesting experience. But you couldn't imagine the truth you'd find during your first mission... You don't know who you really are. You just know that being a soldier was the goal of your life. You just know that you can be very fast for killing your enemies. You've joined the F.E.A.R. unit and for your first mission, you have to arrest Paxton Fettel, a young man who is a result of genetic modifications for making him a "superleader", who can lead armies with his mind. The troops are also gene...
- It's the only actual game that could scare the crap outta me.
- Atmosphere fits in with the spooky music.
- The use of slow motion makes firefights more interesting throughout the game.
- Features such as breaking guys in half with the shotgun are a blast.
- AI of enemies is extremely smart, they'll plan attacks on you and work surprisingly as a team.
- You may actually die in cutscenes, so be on the ready.
- The PC like graphics and guns work well on the 360.
- Story is confusing, and the spooky cutscenes don't help much.
- As the game goes on, the horror scenes get less scary and more like time wasters.
- I wish that there were more variable places, there's really only warehouses and office buildings, they get lamer to search.
- I don't like it that the guns have crappy aiming and may start to drop horribly while shooting.
F.E.A.R. is a game that actually makes horror real. It actually scared me, the music and sound are unbelievably spooky, and the environments are dark and deserted. The suspense this game offers is truly the thing that makes the name for it. Not only that, the cutscenes are truly something else, you'll honestly want to close your eyes and not look when the screen starts to blink, signaling that another movie scene with a creepy girl is gonna pop out. All this is a part of you as a First Encounter Assault Recon agent exploring odd occurations as you get put into fights with inhuman enemies, t...
Not much. Sounds and taunts were very good and fights were spectacular as in good graphics if you have a high end PC.The bad:
Too Simple. No real storyline. All the same boring places repeating again and again and no variety to kill the boredom. Also found the so called 'remarkeable AI' way too easy. The best AI I have come across so far was in Far Cry but in FEAR the AI is so dumn you can shoot many of them in the back and you'll hear 'where is he'?Summary:
To accurately gauge just how good an FPS is you have to compare it with the best out there and I'm afraid F.E.A.R. just doesn't cut it with the best. I got it cheap & I bought it to see what all the hype was about and that's all I sadly found it was - hype.
For a start you can't interact with your environment which makes it extremely uncreative and dull compared to games like HL2, Far Cry and Dark Messiah. With HL2 there were a lot of different scenes and a lot of variety in Far Cry too but with FEAR none at all. Greatly varied story lines/missions with Far Cry and HL2 but none at all with F...
A Few Scary Moments
Lots of Guts, Blood and Gore (if you like that)
Scary Smart AI
Great Fights Against Enemies
Smart Usage Of Weapons
Well balanced Weaponry
Great Visual Effects
Great Level design
Getting Repetative At Times
It was nearly like it was a year ago when HL2 came to the stores, I rushed to get me a copy of F.E.A.R. expecting it to be like HL2 or even better. Well honestly HL2 I do like a tip more but somehow these two titles can not be measured to each other since HL2 got the advance to pick up to a good beginning of a Story already introduced by HL1 which's definitely outstanding. F.E.A.R.'s Story is great aswell but suffers a bit in deapth, but since I loved the X-Files I got hooked to this games Storyline right ahead. Fast paced action right from the beginning.
Some scary moments, scary in a reall...
- Interested in Merchandise? 0
- F.E.A.R Scary 14
- Basic FEAR game query 0
- F.E.A.R. 3 Walkthrough w/ Webcam [HD] 0
- How Scary Can A Game Be!!!!!!!!! 51
- New Alma Secret! 0
- funniest/surprising moment 6
- Paxton Fettel *SPOILERS* 1
- F.E.A.R - Mission starts with black screen 0
- F.E.A.R...kinda sucks? 32
- JERKINESS 0
- SUDDENN FRAMERATE DROP IN FSX PLEASEE HELPP! 0