Explore new unvisted worlds in this strategy/adventure from Sid Meier. It is the gamer's goal to leave no corner unturned as humanity has the time and technology to now conquer the unmapped universe.
- The Future of Mankind: Legendary designer Sid Meier presents the next evolution in strategy games, with the most addictive, compelling gameplay yet. Explore the alien planet that is your new home and uncover its myriad mysteries. Discover over 75 extraordinary technologies. Build over 60 base upgrades and large scale secret projects for your empire. Conquer your enemies with a war machine that you design from over 32,000 possible unit types.
- Design your own war machine: Custom build fighting units that meet your mission's specific needs, or accept your governor's recommendations.
- Terraform an alien landscape: Raise mountains and level hillsides to make the planet more habitable for yourself or harsher for your opponents.
- Diplomatic relations: Dynamic personalities react individually to your actions. Your diplomatic decisions dictate your path to one of five ultimate resolutions.
- Infinitely replayable: A random 3D world generator, unlimited strategies, five paths to victory, six levels of difficulty, seven unique factions, fully featured map/game editor, and a whole host of customizable options ensure unlimited gameplay.
- Benchmark automation: Intelligent city governors, global commands and an in-game tutorial assist you in building and managing your empire.
- Unprecedented multiplayer: Unite or fight with your friends via the Internet, a LAN, modem, or serial link.
- At home or on the go: Unique installation options and scaleable technology optimize performance for all machines, from laptops and low end Pentiums to the latest top-shelf hardware.
 Hardware Requirements
Windows 95/98/ME/XP: Pentium 133MHz or higherprocessor, 16MB RAM, 60MB free hard drive space, DirectX 6(included on the CD), 4x CD-ROM drive, MS compatible mouse andkeyboard, DirectX 6 compatible video card (2MB), DirectX 6compatible sound card.
Required for Multiplayer: One of thefollowing - Network with IPX/SPX compatible protocol (2-7players), Serial connection (2 players), 28.8 Kbps modem (2players), TCP/IP via users Internet connection (2-4 players).Optional: microphone for multiplayer voice communications.