Jason X review
Haha, I wish I knew if this movie was serious...
-Futuristic movies attract peopleThe bad:
-Stupid movies drive people awaySummary:
One would think that after movies like Scream skewered horror movies, old school horror franchises like Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th would go away. Yet, all are coming out with new movies. Jason X is the tenth installment in the Friday the 13th series. It does nothing new with the formula except transport it into the future. Apparently, dumb horny kids are still the norm. Overall, in a genre that will not die, this is another movie in a franchise that will not die, starring Jason Voorhees, the man who will not die. These movies are not about horror, they are about gore. All Friday the 13th movies build upon the prior ones only in that they look for increasingly gruesome ways to off people. The body count remains high, but it is all so boring.
There are attempts to keep it relevant, but nothing works. An upgraded Jason looks more comical than scary. Farmer attempts some joking self-deprecation with the Janessa character, and there is a bizarre homage to the original. The end leaves the possibility for even more sequels, but why bother?
- The Shallows (2016) 
- The Legend of Tarzan (2016) 
- Cinema Lounge: The Number 32 
- Batman v Superman Spoiler Discussion Thread 
- Movies/Films HurtNHeal - Loungin' 
- Movies/Films Mod Studio 
- What Have You Seen This Month? (July 2016 Edition) 
- Neo Film Reviews 
- What Have You Seen This Month? (June 2016 Edition) 
- The Intern (2015) 
- Film Club - Week 45Α - The Grand Budapest Hotel 
- Transformers 5: The Last Knight (2017)