Welcome to the fight, soldier... The deafening thunder of artillery fire echoes the pounding heart in your chest as you wade onto a beach littered with the bodies of your fallen comrades. In front of you: 8 square miles of rugged volcanic island, broken by the weapons of war, and occupied by hostile Japanese forces. Welcome to hell on Earth... This shattered piece of land is invaluable to the United States as a potential staging point for offensive sorties on Tokyo and winning the war for the Allies. Your mission: Seize this island from a heavily entrenched enemy in what was the largest amphibious assault in Marine history. Welcome to Iwo Jima...
- Relive the storied Marine assault that landed foreign troops on Japanese soil for the first time in 5000 years. Scenarios and missions are drawn from actual events.
- 10 levels of exciting single player campaigns that are full of ambient events such as mortar explosions, overhead aircraft and warning sirens that create a truly immersive experience.
- Use authentic WWII weaponry including KA-BAR Fighting Utility Knife, M1911 .45 Colt, M1 Garand, M1903A4 Springfield, Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR), M1 Thompson Submachine gun ("Tommy" Gun), Mk2 Pineapple Grenade and the M2-2 Flamethrower.
- 10 Expansive Multiplayer Maps
- 6 Game types including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, VIP Escort, & Last Man Standing.
- Fully featured bots with adjustable difficulty levels for online, multiplayer and training modes.
 Hardware Requirements
» Pentium III/1 GHz CPU
» Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
» 256 MB of RAM
» 32 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible video (minimum TNT2 class card)
» 16-bit DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
» 800 MB Hard Disk Space
» 4x CD-ROM
» Keyboard, Mouse
» 56 Kbps modem or faster for Internet play