WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 User Reviews
Not muchThe bad:
Ok, so this game has been out for way over a year now, but I had to write this review. "What is good about this game?", I hear you ask. Well, quite frankly, there isn't loads to shout about - or at least, nothing that we haven't already seen in the series.
This is a major feature of any game and is the first thing which is criticized from screenshots etc, and to be honest they're not all that bad. Or at least, they weren't in 2006 which was probably about the last time we saw any improvement in the series. I think we can, unfortunately, blame that on the PS2 version because it r...
Well if you can, here is the final copy
As mostly everybody who's ever touched any sort of console such as the original Play Station or the Play Station 2, or even the infamous Xbox and Gamecube consoles knows about several classic games. However, because it's not exactly the most popular game series in the world, any sort of wrestling game usually is counted out, or in other words, an underdog of the patented video game world filled to it's golden brim with technology. But a few curiously boring years ago, a franchise of World Wrestling Entertainment, World Wrestling Federation, and just ge...
- The new GM mode is pretty neat. I really like the fact that I can work on my superstar's overall while playing GM on my off days.
- The new Hall of Fame mode gives you new accomplishments and makes it more fun.
- The new gameplay has a realistic feel to it with the new superstar fighting styles.
- Glitchiest wrestling game I've ever played.
- The new gameplay is interesting, but very limited for certain superstars.
- The new attribute system is ridiculous. It shouldn't take me this long to build up a character on my friend's profile just so I can play him in a match.
- Combining GM mode with Season mode is about the stupidest thing they could've done. You can only have one going at one time.
- ECW in GM mode has only one championship.
- Create a wrestler is more limited than 2007. Not enough options for clothing.
- Did I mention the glitches?
- The season mode has about 6 videos total, all of wich you will watch over 50 times before starting over.
- I know its not that big of deal but, come on! Where's my 5-man Batle Royal?
I must say that this game dissapoints. I mean the gameplay is new and interesting, but annoying in certain areas. I think they were going for a more realistic feel, and making the gameplay all around easier. But there are just too many restrictions now. I mean the whole new attribute system is stupid. It is pretty cool that it goes by percentiles, but its just anoying trying to get your superstar to a good level. If you don't cheat the system, its long as shit to get your superstar up to a reasonable level.
But the thing that gets me the most is the 24/7 mode. Why can't you have more than on...
Smackdown! Vs Raw 2008 crashes back onto the small screen again this year, now featuring ECW. But that's all that's different about this franchise and last years version, ECW. It plays just like 07, only with revamped controls, and 24/7 mode, which combines last years season mode and GM mode. Not a lot has changed, which is a big, big shame. The commentary is exactly the same as last year, same lines, same bugs, same rambling. There are no new matches, unless you count the Extreme rules match, and matches that survived from last year that return this year haven't undergone any sort of chang...
- default stables 3
- Table matches and Tag matches 5
- Create a wrestling match! 6
- the mcmahons 1
- 5 Steps to max out your stable in less than 4 matches 1
- Wow - unlocking McMahon is SUPER easy! 3
- ECW Season? 3
- online 1
- He goes For the Pin..1...2...WTF? 5
- how do u play GM 24/7 mode 3
- '08 vs. '09 vs. '10 2
- 24/7 mode 1