Last year, you rose from the "minor leagues" of the WWE to become not only one of its top Superstars, but the World Heavyweight Champion. Maybe it was too much success too quickly. Maybe you were just not ready to carry the target on your back that comes with being a champion. Or maybe you were simply betrayed. Whatever the reason, you lost the title and now must find your way back to the elusive path of vindication. This time around, the path will be even more difficult as the line between friend and foe is not always clear. This time around, trust no one...
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 features 45 WWE Superstars, giving the game a massive stable of overall talent. WWE Day of Reckoning 2 includes a new and longer original story mode filled with deception and betrayal, as well as plot lines that tie back to the original WWE Day of Reckoning. Players can create a Superstar and take him on a journey, "featuring the highest quality cut scenes ever offered in the series". Additional features include a new rendering style for improved graphics, an enhanced fighting system and new WWE Legends, some which will be playable for the first time ever. WWE Day of Reckoning 2 also features multiple levels of pain and limb damage, new finishing moves, specialty grapples and better AI differentiation between characters, bringing a new level of realism to the series.
- New rendering style for improved graphics - a 25-30% increase in polygon count gives higher resolution, detail and texture to the WWE character models and even the crowd
- Enhanced fighting system - exclusive skill based submission system offers 4 unique strategies for executing a submission, while the new stamina system allows players to take advantage of each wrestlers unique energy monitor for a more realistic match
- New and longer story mode - now a proven force in the WWE, players can take their created superstar on a continuing journey of deception and vindication.
- Improved animations and AI - multiple levels of pain & limb damage, 3 levels of blood, new finishing moves, specialty grapples and better AI differentiation between characters bring a new level of realism to the series
- New WWE Legends - a whole new roster of some of your favorite legends of all-time