Prepare to rally your worm troops and battle your way through Worms: Battle Islands, coming soon on Wii and for digital download on PSP® (PlayStation®Portable). With classic 2D gameplay and trademark cartoon violence, take control of a secret island Worms base and plot to defeat your enemies. Create your own weapons of mass destruction in the weapon factory using the “technology crates” collected from the single-player campaigns. The game contains a wealth of features, including: extensive online multiplayer support, five multiplayer modes, sixty single player missions, and a paint-package like landscape editor.
- 40 different in-game weapons and utilities, including the Flare, and the EMP Grenade and an in-game Weapon Factory for the player to create their own weaponry.
- 5 different multiplayer game modes, including the all-new Tactics mode, as well as Deathmatch, Forts, Racing, Triathlon, which can be all be played offline or online.
- Tutorial and Firing Range modes help new players learn the basics and hone their skills, 30 single-player Campaign mode missions and 30 brain teasing single-player Puzzle challenges.
- Six brand new in-game environments to do battle in: Arctic, Jungle, Nuclear, Chemical, Desert and Underwater.
- Name your worms and customise their appearance, with new items including: Masks, Backpacks and Customisable power-bars.
- New player ranking system awards the player with experience points, higher ranked players gain access to more of the games locked items.
- PSP® - The PSP® version features an exclusive ‘Time Attack’ mode, comprised of ten individual time-based single-player challenges.