Wave Race is a Kawasaki licensed jetski racing game that sets players in nine different courses with constantly changing wave patterns and tides that affect your race every time you play. Supports up to 4 players.
Blue Storm features eight courses, eight riders and three difficulty levels to tackle. The great thing about the courses is that they offer completely new racing experiences based on wave conditions. The perfect line on a sunny day is not necessarily the way to go once the waves reach tsunami-sized intensity. These conditions can change mid-race, so it's crucial that you stay on your toes.
- Weather and time of day plays a huge role in Wave Race: Blue Storm, as untamed nature challenges you to the max with glaring sun, shadowy moonlight, whipping rain, blinding fog, clouds, wind, snow and more. Wave Race: Blue Storm's fully interactive environments mean that in a big storm, you may have to cope with waves taller than Shaquille O'Neal while eluding crates tumbling from a freighter. Water drops on the screen and crystal-clear sound add tremendous realism to a game that's truly immersive.
- Each rider is rated for acceleration, top speed, maneuvering, stunt skill and strength. While riders with good acceleration and maneuvering are ideal for short, quick bursts through closely spaced buoys, riders with lots of strength should just try to run over rivals. Bump against a rival and you'll automatically kick them into the water. Ah, but watch out for those buoys that have been cleverly placed by Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto!
- Wave Race: Blue Storm offers five modes. Take on all comers and unlock new tracks in the single-player Championship Mode. In Free Roam Mode, you can scout the waterscapes and discover shortcuts without having to worry about a clock, buoys or rival riders. Trick to your heart's content in Stunt Mode. Race your ghost (which takes the form of a bright yellow helicopter) and top your best time in Time Trial Mode. Finally, put the pedal to the metal against as many as three friends in Multiplayer Mode.
- Championship Mode offers four difficulty settings. Clear the Dolphin Park course on the easy Exhibition setting and you'll be able to race for five consecutive days at Normal setting, six consecutive days at Hard and seven consecutive days at the extremely challenging Expert setting.
- In Stunt Mode, your dual challenge is to race through a course as quickly as possible while completing jaw-dropping backflips, can-cans, nac-nacs, heel clickers, barrel rolls, handstands and more. Catch suborbital air off ramps taller than a tsunami. You can even leap off a ramp or wave, plunge underwater and submarine beneath docks, bridges and other surface obstacles. Glub glub