Years after the battle against Orochi, the Serpent King, the heroes of the Three Kingdoms and the Warring States struggle to seize control of the new universe they were thrown into when a new threat arises. A terrible and colossal monster, resembling a serpent with eight heads, casts its shadow across the land and defeats most of the brave warriors.
The ones that survived, assisted by the mysterious Kaguya, travel back through time to save fallen warriors and forge new alliances, collect powerful weapons and build an army so they can have a chance to defeat the terrible Hydra.
But that is not all the help they’ll get this time, as the vortex created by Orochi drags a few more allies to their universe. Dragon Ninja Ryu Hayabusa, Achilles, Jeanne d'Arc, Nemea and Ayane are only a few of the new additions to the 120+ playable character roster!
 Game Play
Warriors Orochi 3 also introduces the bond system, where the bonds between characters can be increased by interaction in banquets, fighting together as allies, rescuing struggling allies, and accepting then clearing missions in battles. These bonds can influence the storyline, as well as unlock extra attacks and new stages.
In Warriors Orochi 3 players can also customise existing scenarios and then share them online for all to enjoy, as well as rate those created by others. Cleared stages from Story Mode or Free Mode can be edited to create unique battlefields, where players can change voice lines and characters, acquire Musou Battlefield Elements in Story Mode and use them to add even more interesting new aspects to their original battlefields.
- Three-character tag team
- Two-player split-screen co-op
- Two-player online Story Mode and Free Mode. Recruit a playing partner for a stage you have already completed, or respond to a recruitment call from another player.
- Character categories: SPEED, POWER, TECHNIQUE and WONDER, whose warriors can use Spirit Charges.
- New Actions, like:
- Dash Chain - smooth transition between movement and combat. Counterattack - knocking back enemies and rendering them momentarily defenseless.
- Support Attack – while being attacked, press the character switch button for another team member provide back up support. If the characters have a strong bond, the support member will sometimes appear automatically.
- Switch Combo - Switch characters immediately after landing a attack creating an endless consecutive chain of attacks.
- True Triple Attack - featuring all three player characters in an aura that repels enemy forces. When the True Triple Attack Gauge is emptied, all three team members will combine to perform an explosive finishing attack.
This game is also known as Musou Orochi 2 in Japan.