Game Info
Through the years, Nintendo has created hundreds of microgames for the WarioWare series. Now we want to see what you've got. The WarioWare D.I.Y. game lets players create the same kind of microgames that are the hallmark of the WarioWare series. Players design every aspect of their creations, including graphics, animation, music and rules.
- Do It Yourself! Take on the role of game designer and create your own microgames by crafting everything from artwork, animations, music and action instructions.
- WarioWare D.I.Y. comes with more than 90 pre-made games to play, but players who have access to a broadband Internet connection can wirelessly download a virtually endless supply of user-generated games, or upload their own creations to share with the world.
- When creating games, players can utilize a library of pre-made graphics and sound samples, borrow elements from other microgames on their system, or start from scratch.
- Sharing new content is the real key to WarioWare: D.I.Y., and there are a number of ways for players to participate:
- Using a local wireless connection, friends can swap micro-games, comics and music they have created.
- After the game launches, Nintendo will regularly make new micro-games available for download to players who have access to a broadband Internet connection.
- From time to time, Nintendo will challenge WarioWare: D.I.Y. players to create games based on a specific theme. Nintendo will make the best submissions available for download to players with a wireless broadband Internet connection.
- Players can upload items to their Storage Crate in the Warehouse (wireless broadband Internet access required). These products can then be downloaded by any of the friends with whom they have exchanged friend codes.
- If you want to take a break from creating and playing games, why not try your hand at a comic strip? WarioWare: D.I.Y. includes all the tools artists need to compose their own four-panel comic strips.
- Players who have a Wii console can add another dimension to their game. By downloading the WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase game from Nintendo's WiiWare service, players get access to 72 more micro-games, and can experience the games they created with their Nintendo DS system on their TV. Each of the elements in these new games then becomes a part of the player's toolbox. The WiiWare game also includes an unlockable multiplayer mode that lets up to four people play micro-games competitively (additional accessories required and are sold separately).
This game is also known as Made in Ore in Japan.