Game Info
Greedy ol' Wario is back for some more treasure hunting, this time for the legendary Yoki Pyramid, and it's up to you to help him. Wario Land Advance is the fourth installment in the 2D side-scrolling Wario Land action games, and once again your key to discovering all the game has to offer lies in the status maladies that Wario can be afflicted with, granting him special abilities you must use to your advantage.
- The charmingly nonlinear game-play means that players can progress through passages in any order. Each passage concludes with a battle with an oddball boss, such as a flying rat who hides behind a giant teddy bear.
- Collectibles include coins (of course!), diamonds and CDs, which can be played in the pyramid's Sound Room. The offbeat minigames include a homerun derby and a zany version of concentration that features Wario's scowling mug.
- Wario Land 4 sports some of most gorgeous graphics to yet grace the Game Boy Advance. From the smoky fumes of the toxic dump to the brilliant palette of a level inspired by a child's sketch pad, the game never seizes to surprise and enrapture.
- The Hall of Hieroglyphs amusingly teaches Wario's basic moves, but much of the game's fun revolves around his unexpected transformations into a snowball, bat, zombie, balloon, giant spring, human torch and more. Besides helping Wario reach objectives, these transformations are always hilarious. His bewildered expression when he catches fire is priceless.
- Clever, funny, endlessly surprising and starring the unsinkable Wario, Wario Land 4 is a must-have for all fans of action, puzzles - and fun
This game is also known as Wario Land Advance: The Treasure of the Golden Diva in Japan.