After destroying the mystic gate into Azeroth, the Humans discover that the rift which allows the Orcs passage into their world still exists. Human forces must now venture beyond the Dark Portal into Orcish lands to put an end to the threat of yet another invasion by the hordes.
At the same time, Ner'zhul- Warchief of the Shadow Moon clan- has seized control of the Orcish hordes of Draenor, and is gathering his forces in an attempt to open portals to other worlds, while bringing the nations of Azeroth to their knees.
- Multi-player support for as many as 8 players via Battle.Net or IPX network
- Blizzard's spawning technology that allows up to eight players to compete over Battle.net by installing multiple copies from the original CD-ROM.
- Automatic map passing over Battle.net.
- Implementation of Top vs. Bottom multi-player template.
- Shared Vision in multi-player games.
- Ability to /Whisper in and out of games.
- Improved game set-up, game options, dropping of players and inclusion of Battle.net chat.
- Setting of game speed before the game starts that cannot be switched back and forth during game play.
- Incorporation of the 3 Pauses per player / per game rule.
- Assigning and selection of Groups through # keys.
- Ability to choose Random starting race, resources and tileset.
- Ability to set Latency Tolerance within games.
- Patrol command now sends units to the selected location rather than stopping after any contact.
- Set maps and game parameters for Ladder Games.
- Scroll Speed fixed on faster computers.
- Town Hall / Great Hall is required as the first building in your technology tree.
- Ctrl+click or double-click will select closest 9 units of that type currently on the screen.
- Space bar centers the map on last 8 transmissions (sequential).
- Current food displayed along with gold/oil/lumber.
- Maintained compatibility with the DOS version of Warcraft II via local area network or modem.
- Unit limit raised from 600 to 1200 for Enhanced games.
- Added upper limit of 200 food for each player, like StarCraft.
- Flying Machines, Goblin Zeppelins, Goblin Sappers, Dwarven Demolition Teams now have a Patrol option.
- Allies can see friendly invisible units now.
- Allies' towers and flying units will now reveal enemy subs.
- New sounds have been added for Skeletons, Runes, Eye of Killrogg, and for completed upgrades.
- 2 new game speeds (slowest and fastest).
 Hardware Requirements
- Windows 95
- Pentium 60MHz
- 16MB of Ram
- 2X CD-ROM drive for regular gameplay
- 4X CD-ROM drive for cinematics
- DirectX compatible video card
- DirectX compatible sound card