The series that ignited the 3D fighting genre has returned. From the renowned team at SEGA-AM2, led by VIRTUA FIGHTER and legendary Sega game creator Yu Suzuki, comes VIRTUA FIGHTER 4. This new version of the definitive hand-to-hand martial arts sim features fully-optimized graphics designed to harness the power of the PlayStation 2. But it's not just about looks, and VF4 delivers an extremely deep fighting system, highly-tuned AI, and two new characters hungry for their place at the top.
For those who have never ventured into the deep fighting system of the Virtua Fighter series, it's time to step into the ring. The series has always been about strategy, and this fourth installment unites offense and defense like never before. As in real martial arts, anticipation of your opponent plays a bigger role than speed or strength.
In Virtua Fighter 4, you'll get your hands on 13 unique combatants -- 11 classic VF characters along with two new characters: Lei Fei, a shaolin monk, and Vanessa Lewis, a rough-and-tumble vale tudo practitioner. Each character has their own fighting style, all of which are based on real martial arts, including jeet kune do, aiki ju-jitsu, and pancratium. No matter which style you choose, these fighters have the moves to rock any arena.
Speaking of arenas, you've never seen anything like the environments in VF4. The PlayStation 2's graphics processor is put to the test with the beautifully detailed and light-sourced battlegrounds. Add on theintricately modeled characters, and you have a game that pushes over 63 million polygons per second!
VF4 for PlayStation 2 is much more than just an arcade port, and AM2 is adding all new gameplay modes to the home version. Headlining the list is the AI Character feature, which lets you become the master as you coach a computer-controlled character to victory. The all-important Training mode is the place to learn the game and perfect your moves, while Survival mode tests your staying power.
- Two new characters (Lei Fei and Vanessa Lewis) join 11 VF veterans for a grand total of 13 fighters, each with their own unique styles based on real martial arts.
- New counters and defensive moves allow players to switch up their stances and fighting styles mid-bout.
- High-polygon character models, exquisite detail, and brilliant light-sourcing combine to create breathtaking visuals.
- Coach your own AI character -- train a computer-controlled character through sparring and an easy-to-use rewards system, then pit your character against a friend's or challenge the arcade mode.
- A new accessory system allows you to customize your character's clothing, sunglasses, hairstyles, and more.
- Unlock special items that let you to learn devastating new moves.