The valkyrie Character:Silmeria once served Character:Odin loyally, but after an incident ignited a conflict between them, Odin forcefully reincarnated her as a human. The human soul that would carry her spirit was that of Character:Alicia, Princess of Place:Dipan. Ordinarily, Silmeria's consciousness would have been sealed, her spirit dormant until she was next summoned.
However, the forced transmigration causes Silmeria's spirit to awaken within Alicia, leaving two souls to inhabit a single body. The spirit that should have been sealed has awakened: a situation Odin will not ignore for long.
Though in a 3-d enviroment, it will play very much like the orignal 2-d side scrolling game. Within battles, characters will be assigned buttons and they will attack and use combos as each button is pressed in any series.
- Classic VALKYRIE PROFILE gameplay updated with a state-of-the-art 3D rendering system that produces amazingly crafted environments that push the PlayStation®2 system
- Puzzle-solving using the Photon Action System, an enhanced evolution of the popular crystal system: freeze enemies and swap positions to reach new areas
- Simultaneous multi-character combat places the controls of four separate characters at your fingertips: perform advanced combos and tandem maneuvers with dazzling results
- Team-up and co-ordinate your attacks with a friend (requires second controller)
- A gripping tale of abandonment, loneliness and revenge crafted by the masterful storytellers at tri-Ace Inc.
- Lush environments are enhanced by an advanced physics and lighting system, enabling a new level of brilliant and lifelike surroundings