The lands of Eldar have long been known as the origin of chaos, a place where monsters and demons wreak havoc, indiscriminate in their madness. Legend tells of how the Spirit King, whose coming was heralded in by a meteor shower, gained control of the creatures and waged an unrelenting war upon civilization. Order and life were brought to the brink of destruction, but an alliance of the four races was able to drive them back and seal the evil. Centuries more have passed and once again the lands are slowly being overrun by the reemerging monsters. Without a known cause or even a united front to repel them, it would seem that this time, Eldar will fall. It is up to you to take up the forgotten mantle of the hero, reunite the races, confront the hordes of monsters and restore peace to the land.
- Multi-generational Storyline – The player starts off as a human that seeks to reconcile and rebuild old alliances with the dwarves, halflings, and elves. As the story progresses, the player can choose a character of any of the races, each with specific strengths and weaknesses that can be customized further.
- Fully Customizable Characters – With five basic job classes (fighter, mage, priest, thief, bard) and numerous advanced classes, each with their own specific skills and abilities, with weapons and equipment that change the appearance of each character, the customization options are almost limitless.
- Real-time Battles on the Field Map – Battles take place in real-time, and all enemies are visible on the field map with no random encounters. These foes may be fought or avoided as you see fit.
- Build Your Own Battle Party – Find the perfect combination of race and job class of your accompanying party member as you hire a mercenary from the local tavern.
- Online Multiplayer – Party up with a second player online to explore the land of Eldar together with co-op gameplay.
This game is also known as Eldar Saga in Europe.