Take on the challenge of leading one of over 50 European national teams to glory as UEFA EURO 2008 recreates all the drama and excitement of the official tournament. A new game mode called Captain Your Country will enable gamers to put themselves on the pitch, earn the captaincy of their team and truly inspire their country to glory. Gamers will also be able to celebrate their success on-field through interactive celebrations that will add to the pageantry and atmosphere of the event. In addition, an online mode call Battle of the Nations will enable gamers around the world to lead their country to global supremacy.
- Win UEFA EURO 2008 ™ — Compete as one of 52 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of UEFA EURO 2008™ in Austria and Switzerland.
- Captain Your Country – Play as yourself on the same team with up to three friends, all playing individual positions on the pitch. Compete collaboratively to win games but compete against each other for the captaincy. Develop your player through eight status levels to earn the captaincy of your country and the right to lead your team.
- Create Yourself – Play alongside your heroes by customizing yourself in game. Place your name on your jersey, then earn experience points to enhance your skills and reputation.
- Battle of the Nations — Represent your country online against your rivals around the world to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points. Think your nation is the best? Now you can prove it!
- EURO Online Knockout Draw — Battle gamers from other nations online in 16-team single elimination tournaments to gain points for your nation.
- Enhanced Penalty Kicks -- Experience the challenge of a penalty shoot-out as if you were on the pitch. Master your nerves to score the goal that puts your team in the UEFA EURO 2008™ final.
- Interactive Celebrations — Score a goal and then control your player’s movements and actions to celebrate the way you want to.
- Dynamic Rain and Mud — Winter weather from across Europe is authentically re-created to simulate real-world playing conditions. Experience driving rain that creates sloppy, muddy pitches which dramatically impacts passing and player performance. Home & Away Match Strategy – CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for away teams intent on a draw.
- Authentic Stadiums — Compete in all 8 official stadiums of UEFA EURO 2008™.
- Team Managers — Watch reactions from team managers on the sideline as they shout encouragement or become disappointed in your team’s performance.
- EA SPORTS Football Engine – An evolution of the market leading EA SPORTS football engine with enhanced goalkeeper AI, collisions, and trapping that make this the best-playing EA SPORTS football game.
- Story of Qualifying — Play the qualifying campaign and step up at key defining moments to lead your country to Europe’s biggest prize. Complete team and individual tasks.
- Dynamic Player Ratings — Real-time player ratings change based on actual player performance, simulating the momentum swings of a real season.
This game is also known as UEFA EURO 2008: Austria-Switzerland in North America.