Tribes Aerial Assault will be one of the first games to use Sony Computer Entertainment America's network adapter for online play over the Internet, allowing up to 16 players from around the world to compete with, and against, each other in the same game. A true team game, TAA lets players assume different roles and play different kinds of games. Players can also get the full Tribes experience offline with an 11-mission single-player campaign.
- Compete in massive, boundless and breathtaking worlds tormented by real-time weather conditions (rain, snow, fog and lightning) and environmental elements.
- Deliver destruction with ten weapons as well as an arsenal of grenades, mines and more.
- Advance your Tribe's position and gather intelligence with a total of six air and ground vehicles, including a Turbograv Outrider, two-player Assault Tank, and the three-player Thundersword Bomber.
- Experience authentic multiplayer action offline with single player gametypes and training missions equipped with amazingly intelligent bots.
- Master a wide variety of game types, including Capture The Flag, Siege, Flag Hunters, Bounty, and Rabbit. Play online using dedicated or integrated PlayStation 2 servers.