Trainz is a virtual railroad experience that allows you to collect, create and control, the many aspects of a working railroad. Build up your collection of locomotives, rolling stock, objects, buildings, flora and fauna, then create the ultimate railroad layout using the landscape editing tool before jumping into the driver's seat for a whole new perspective.
COLLECT: The 'My Collection' module gives you a three dimensional view of all the locomotives and rolling stock in your roundhouse as well as comprehensive information about each one. You can pan and zoom your virtual camera around these spectacularly rendered models before choosing which ones will grace the rails.
CREATE: 'Trainz Surveyor' gives you the power to design, build and populate the ultimate layout. A powerful and easy to use creation tool, Surveyor will have you shaping mountain ranges, canyons and valleys in a matter of minutes. Using flexible curves, customisable textures and intelligent spline objects, you can lay track to perfection and create landscapes of incredible beauty and realism.
CONTROL: The 'Trainz Driver' allows you to climb into the cab of your favourite locomotive to take charge of the 3D in-cab controls, or use the virtual DCC controller to take charge from a different perspective. Switch between trains, couple and uncouple or perform basic railroad operations all from your favourite vantage point. Driver puts you in the hot seat
- 15 locomotives in 38 different liveries from 12 countries
- Over 50 types of freight and passenger cars
- Three fully playable and editable layouts from North America, Europe and Australia
- Hundreds of buildings, trackside objects, vehicles, flora and fauna
- Dozens of ground textures for creating stunning layouts
- A huge variety of railway items including track, bridges, tunnels, turntables, signals and crossings
- Dynamic environment includes ambient sounds, realistic weather effects and day/night cycl
 Hardware Requirements
Intel Pentium II 400 MHz processor
Nvidia TNT2 16mb Video Card capable of 640x480 display resolution in 16 bit color depth
Intel Pentium III 733 MHz processor or equivalent
Nvidia GeForce2 32MB Video Car