TimeSplitters 2 review
Timesplitters 2 Boring 4 Me
Singleplayer in general
Well, my first review here, after what? Three years of being a member, and I'm going to review Timesplitters 2. Good start, eh?
Let's start with the positives, of which I feel are few. Mainly, do not buy this if you're looking for a singleplayer experience, as it's lacking. The bots can offer a challenge when you're playing multiplayer, but only if you bump the difficulty up to near maximum. The only way to play multiplayer is with 4 or more human players, and then use bots if needed. The 100+ characters also offer a bit of variety, though they're only cosmetic. Their stats don't mean much if you're an experienced FPS player.
The storymode is also very long winded and, in my opinion, boring. The first mission requires you to try and get into a building without being spotted. Nice idea for a game like Ghost Recon, but it doesn't cut the mustard here.
All in all, if you're buying for Multiplayer, then it's a good game, but with Timesplitters Future Perfect now out, only worth buying if you're tight on cash.
About the author
- Total User Reviews: 1
- Whats Your Favorite Character? 110
- Demonic voices haunt my timesplitters! 2
- Return to Planet X (musical tribute) 0
- Need Help With Team Series 'C' - Bags Of Fun (Elite) 10
- Any tips on defeating "Golem Guru" the arcade mission? 8
- Fave cutscene? 33
- Notre Dame, Normal Difficulty 3
- How Many Platinums Have You Got? 10
- NIce threads, the hardest arcade game to beat, Have you beat it? 18
- Neo tokyo Timesplitters 2 5
- gothic tile set 38
- TS2 WON'T LET ME PLAY ON NORMAL/HARD 1