TimeSplitters 2 improves on the features found in the original - A more involving single player and co-operative story mode and an upgraded game engine allowing bigger and higher detailed backgrounds and special effects. The animation system has been rewritten to make the characters more lifelike. The MapMaker is now even more customizable. Mulitiplayer action also gets a boost with I-Link support.
In Control of a motley crew of renegade characters you must hunt down the TimeSplitters across time in historical eras like the gangster- Ridden 1920'S, the lush jungles of Aztec temples, soviet military installations of the cold war and Futuristic robot factories in space. To end the evil plot of the TimeSplitters, seek and recover the crystals required to seal the rift in time.
- Totally immersive single player and co-operative story mode, featuring a complex narrative, and superbly animated cut-scenes.
- Nine 'time travelling' episodes each with their own distinct graphical style ranging from the Wild West to Neo Tokyo.
- Huge detailed environments with interactive features and atmospheric musical score themed around levels.
- Over 90 characters, featuring original cast, ancestors and new loveable rogues you'll want to kill!
- A vast variety of weapons to choose from through the ages, ranging from Tommy Gun to flame thrower.
- Furious 2 – 4 split-screen multiplayer action - the most exhilarating experience you get from your console!
- Customisable multi-player mode, scenarios including deathmatch, capture-the-bag, escort, last stand, etc.
- Enhanced combat effects; screen shake, dramatic lighting, more character animation.
- Massively enhanced Mapmaker enabling you to create 'Story levels' as well deathmatch scenarios.
- You can link up 4 consoles together with the iLink and have some serious guns-a-blazing action (PlayStation 2 only)
8MB Playstation 2 Memory Card required.
246KB minimum needed to save.
Analog Control Compatible: Analog Sticks only.
Vibration Function Compatible.