If extreme sports games are your thing, you just can't beat the intense action and wicked tricks of the TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER titles. Graced by incredible graphics and video effects, this chapter goes where none of the previous installments dared to go: Canada. Taking the excitement to the farthest reaches of the globe, PRO SKATER 3 also journeys to Rhode Island, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Rio, and Paris, among others. There are literally hundreds of combos and moves to pull off, and the signature control scheme has actually been improved upon this time out. Whereas previous versions of the game didn't dare leave the skate park, this one forces you to contend with everyday obstacles like pedestrians, traffic, natural disasters, and more. The visual presentation, sound effects, cadre of top-notch professional skaters, and spectrum of tricks has all been improved upon here making for the best TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER yet.
Elevating the game's overall excitement, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 delivers a star-studded lineup of skateboarding pros that join Tony Hawk, including new-to-the-roster Bam Margera of MTV's Jackass fame, and returning riders Steve Caballero, Rune Glifberg, Eric Koston, Bucky Lasek, Rodney Mullen, Chad Muska, Andrew Reynolds, Geoff Rowley, Elissa Steamer and Jamie Thomas. Additionally, fans can create their own skateboarding idols and personalise their skaters with glasses, hair, armbands and tattoos. The game's expanded multi-player modes increase re-playability for the ultimate in skateboarding fun.
- Greatest Line Up: This is the greatest line-up of professional skaters ever assembled! Skate as the legendary Tony Hawk or as one of a blockbuster team of street and vert skaters including Elissa Steamer, Jamie Thomas, Steve Caballero, Rune Glifberg, Geoff Rowley, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Eric Koston, Chad Muska, and Bucky Lasek. And new to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3: Bam Margera from MTV's Jackass.
- Massive Living Levels: There are 10 massive living levels that are unlike anything ever created in previous skateboarding games. They are amazingly realistic and feature intelligent traffic that can be avoided or skated. Cars stop at intersections, honk at skaters and even slam on their brakes to avoid hitting them!
- Real-World Locations: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 features some of the most popular international real-world locations including Skater's Island in Middleton, RI, Los Angeles, Canada skate camp, Tokyo and Paris. Each environment utilizes the next generation hardware's capabilities to create awesome special effects and superior graphics.
- Custom Characters: With the enhanced Create-A-Skater players have the option to choose from male and female characters, and add glasses, hair, elbow pads, tattoos, etc. to customize the look of each character.
- Crazy Special Effects: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 takes full advantage of the next generation hardware! Its got a state-of-the-art hi-resolution display engine running at 60fps. Its advanced special effects utilize particle systems to recreate all the elements of real life: sparks, blood, etc.
This game is also known as:
- Tony Hawk 3 in North America
- THPS 3 in North America