The Lord of the Rings: Conquest is an action packed game set in The Lord of the Rings universe of J.R.R. Tolkien as depicted by the Academy Award winning films. Players will finally fight the entirety of these epic battles any way they want. In addition to crusading as the heroic forces of good, for the first time ever in a 'The Lord of the Rings' action title they'll conquer Middle earth while playing as the legions of Sauron's evil army, including Cave-trolls, Oliphaunts, the Balrog and Sauron himself.
- Good and Evil campaigns: Experience eight epic battles from the films as the heroes of Middle-earth, then answer the question: "What if Sauron stopped Frodo from destroying the One Ring?" Find out by playing through nine battles from the Evil side on your quest to destroy the forces of Good.
- Character class system: Different characters can perform melee and ranged combat, such as Warriors and Archers, as well as support and specialty classes, such as Mages and Scouts.
- LOTR heroes, mounts, and equipment: The battlefield comes to life with heroes, horses, wargs, oliphaunts, catapults, balistas, cave trolls, and more.
- Classic LOTR locations: Jump into epic battles across Pelennor Fields, Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, The Black Gate, and, the Shire.
- Split-screen action: Grab up to three other friends and play either cooperatively or competitively in the same room.
- Online battle: Up to 16 players can connect online and step into these epic Lord of the Rings battles, or up to four players can tackle the campaign together online.