Merging action and strategy in a setting that replicates the atmosphere of the period, Great Battles of Rome allows players to take control of a series of campaigns against Barbarian hordes, while carving out the Roman Empire. Over 100 battles are available for play including the Punic and Samnite Wars, and Julius Caesar's conquest of Britain.
Great Battles of Rome launches you into a series of campaigns where you battle the Barbarian hordes, carving out your own Roman Empire.
The setting, which replicates the atmosphere of the period, along with authentic footage from The History Channel, immerses you into the Ancient Rome, where you control of the mightiest army the world has ever known. March at the head of your Legions to victory!
Marcus Aurelius, perhaps the greatest of the Roman emperors, will accompany you on this exciting journey back in time. He will guide you through over 25 significant campaigns, as an exclusive mix of exciting game play and compelling program clips from The History Channel catapults you through history.
- Highlights 14 Roman Campaigns and more than 100 of the most significant battles of the Roman Empire
- Includes 10 Celtic campaigns from the barbarians perspective and 35 fantasy battles in the Cult of Mithras (PSP Only)
- 50 minutes of captivating program footage from The History Channel
- Unique soundtrack and voice talents narrate the story of Marcus Aurelius
- 3 difficulty levels
- More than 20 troop types
- Unique and intuitive user interface for PSP (PlayStationPortable) and Playstation2
- Game controls allow command of up to
20 squads simultaneously
- Customizable troops and battle conditions
- Innovative combat model specially adapted for PSP
- Incorporating special visual effects and advanced levels of detail including night battles
- Realistic battlefield conditions and terrain effect the underlying complex battle engine
- ultiplayer capability on PSP