The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Tips
Advances in Lock Picking
I am not a writer. I am a thief. I am a good thief. I am not such a good writer. Anyway, I want to write about picking locks. I read a book about designing locks once. It was good. It gave me lots of ideas.
Some guys make locks with angled keyholes. Always carry a bent lockpick. They will work good in these locks. I do, and I open lots of locks. Sometimes I carry copper lockpicks. Copper bends easy. That way I can bend it right there. Copper lockpicks break easy too. Be careful.
Sometimes the locks have weird spings. They all spring differently, which makes picking it hard. I hold my torch close to the lock. This makes it hot. When it's hot, the springs are all the same. They don't bounce so differently any more. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Some thieves can't read. If you can't read, get someone to read this book to you. It will make more sense then.
To put things more simply, using a torch whilst lock picking actually makes it significantly easier to pick.
- 1000+ Things to do in Skyrim 335
- Tell your Stories about silly things your Followers did 1
- list of 1000 tips, tricks, and Secrets in Skyrim 758
- What Skyrim SE mods are you using? 8
- "I've Got The Remaster" thread! 51
- Can't change difficulty settings in Skyrim 17
- One handed or two handed? 10
- Create your own Daedric Prince/Mistress 86
- Skyrim GD XXVII: Alok Lahvui Ahrk Rel Daar Lein 482
- Waking Nightmare Bugged? [Spoilers] 21
- Dragonborn: "Cultist Orders" Help 11
- Preferred Companions 8
- Major Cities
- Non-player Characters
- PC Mods
|The Thieves Guild||The College of Winterhold|
|Nightingales||The Dark Brotherhood|
|Gloombound Mine||Half-Moon Mill|
|Glenmoril Coven||Dragon Walls|
|Night of Tears||Hircine|
|Introduction to modding||Notable mods|
|Mod utilities and resources|
|Heavy Armor||Base Stats|