Blast your way through the game as Luke Skywalker or Wedge Antilles, leaders of the elite Rogue Squadron. Piloting various aircraft in different worlds, you must complete missions that range from destroying targets and enemies to protecting other ships.
In Rogue Squadron, the player must take advantage of every ships unique abilities. Whether it's the Y-Wing's advanced bombs to destroy dozens of the Empire's buildings quicker, or the V-Wing's rapid fire mode and boosters for quick hit & run missions. The player must do several missions with small numbers of wingmen on a large amount of different planets. So whether you're rescuing your best wingman from a train by disabling it with ion cannons, or taking out world devastators, you'll get to pick which camera angles you want, cockpit view, far away camera, or very close, and others also.
- Jump into the cockpit of instantly recognizable crafts from Star Wars, such as the X-Wing and the Speeder.
- Fire your lasers or unleash limited weapons like bombs to take out the enemy forces.
- Fly through 17 varied missions (which includes two hidden missions) as Luke Skywalker as you complete objectives as part of Rogue Squadron.
- Receive support from other squadron pilots, whether in the form of additional firepower or advice on what to do next.
- Aim for success to earn medals for unlockable extras and find upgrades for your ships during the missions.
This game is also known as Star Wars: Shutsugeki! Rogue Chuutai in Japan.