Procyon Lotor is proud to present the
*= ____ __ ___ =*
* / __/_ _ ___ ____ / / / _ )_______ ___ *
* _\ \/ ' \/ _ `(_-</ _ \ / _ / __/ _ \(_-<_ *
* /___/_/_/_/\_,_/___/_//_/ /____/_/ \___/___(_) *
B O N U S G A M E F A Q
I normally don't bother with these, but just to be straight, I sat on
my butt writing this up for everyone to use for free, so don't sit on your
butt copying it so you can make money. Do not reproduce any part of this
document in any publication without notifying me first. Thanks
- Fixed Link Bonus 1 #3 listing finally.
- Elaborated on Yoshi Bonus 1 #3
- Initial release
Well, after finishing the Smash Bros. FAQ and getting most of the
secrets out, the most frequently asked questions I was actually getting was
"How do I beat Bonus 1 with...?" or "How do I reach this platform with...?"
So instead of making the first FAQ much bigger I decided to write separate
file dedicated to the bonus games for those who are looking for a quick
reference to the solutions.
The Bonus games need no introduction. Bonus 1 requires you hit all
the targets and Bonus 2 requires you land on every platform. But the beauty
of them is how well the programmers engineered each stage to take advantage of
each characters abilities and powers in order to complete them. I would
suggest training with each character before you try the bonus stages so you
know how to take full advantage of moving them around in space.
Throughout the FAQ I will refer to Double Jumping and pressing Up with
the B button. So I short cut each reference with DJ and UB. I hope no one
gets too confused by this. One last confession: I confuse left and right so
easily, it's sad. I've done my best to make sure I got them correct here, but
one or two mistakes may have slipped by, so forgive me, and if any are majorly
glaring, let me know.
DJ = Double Jump
UB = Up + B.
1) Hit the target to the left...
2) then to the right.
3) Now jump up and hit the target above.
4) DJ to hit the target above that.
5) DJ and UB to hit the one above that. If you're having trouble reaching
it, use the ledge on the right.
6) Jump below the arrow point up on the right. Standing close to the right
of the edge, you should be able to fireball the target down below.
7) Now DJ and UB on the moving platform above you when it's one its way down.
Hit the target there.
8) DJ to the left when the platform is at its peak, and stop on high ledge.
From here you can jump up and fireball the next target, or jump over and
9) Fall straight down, and on your way, hit the target in mid-air.
10) Jump up and to the left, and work your way back to the right in the air.
When you're under the target there, jump back up and hit it before you
fall too far.
1) Run right, jump on the first...
2) then up to the second.
3) Fall down to the right an land on the third platform and wait.
4) Time your jump for 3 so you land on the next platform on it's way up,
5) and again,
6) and again.
7) Carefully fall down the left side of the ledge and push right. Jump up
to the next ledge. You can pretty much push right and simply fall on to
the next platform without bumping into the one above.
8) Now jump up to the next little ledge. From here, you want to jump in at
a time when the platform above won't come down too soon. You'll have to
DJ to get over to the other side, but if the platform hits you on your way
over make sure to UB or you'll fall.
9) DJ to the right to the blue ledge, then DJ back left to the platform.
10) DJ up to the next two ledges, making very slight movement corrections.
DJ and UB up to the highest blue platform, again making very small
corrections so you don't miss it or jump too far. From there, DJ to
the final platform.
1) Hit left...
2) Then hit right.
3) Jump up to the ledge on the left, and hit the one there.
4) Now jump on the moving platform, and hit the one there.
5) Jump up and back to the left, and do a Forward + A punch to punch the
target through the wall.
6) Jump up and hit the one above you.
7) Then jump to the left and hit the one there.
8) Now jump up to the high ledge, and from there, DJ to the right, with a UB
at the end. You should hit the target on the far right when you're
9) Make sure you fall straight down from there so you hit the target on your
way down so you land on the ledge below.
10) Finally, jump off the ledge and come back toward the target, air jump,
and hit it before you fall too far.
1) Jump to the right,
2) then down to the right,
3) then up to the right.
4) Ride the small ledge up to the other small ledge. On the way to the
right, jump on the platform above.
5) Push down to drop through the platform when the ledge is underneath,
and jump up to the right platform overhead.
6) Drop down the right side of that platform and fall down the right chute.
On your way down, prepare to fly left and land on the upcoming platform.
DJ if you have to reach it or slow your descent.
7) From there, you want to jump left, DJ left again, and then finally use UB
to fly over to the next platform and avoid the heat panels. If you fall,
it's not really a problem, just use the boost back up in the air to make it
8) Now jump left to the platform that rises and falls. Do this when it's on
its way down, and DJ if you need to to land it.
9) Let it take you up before you DJ to the next platform. Use UB for added
10) Then fall down to the right, and DJ as you fall to reach the small ledge
below the heat panels. From there, DJ and UB over to the last platform
on the right.
1) Hit the target to the left.
2) Jump on the ledge on the left, and press Down + B to bring out a bomb.
Place yourself so that a tap of A will throw the bomb at the target on
3) Work you way up to the high ledge. Press Down + B to pull out a bomb.
Stand directly under the high target, and double jump, getting the
maximum height you possibly can. At the height of your jump, throw the
bomb up at the target. It helps if the bomb is about to explode.
4) Now proceed to the right before the chute. DJ and UB to hit the high
target up in the air.
5) Fall down the chute and hit the first target on your way down.
6) Hit the next one on your way down if you can. If not, just jump back up
to get it.
7) Go all the way left, and do a Forward + A sword slash to hit the target
through the wall.
8) Jump to the moving platform, and then again to the one above, using DJs
and UBs if you need to. Hit the target on the second platform.
9) DJ and UB to reach the high ledge on the left, and hit the target.
10) And finally DJ and UB to hit the high target all the way to the right.
Time these so you remain as high as possible.
1) DJ up to the first platform,
2) then jump right to the second,
3) jump left to the third,
4) and DJ up to the fourth.
5) From here, DJ up to the revolving ledges, and land on the platform in
6) Now DJ and UB all the way to the right to land on the platform which
rises and falls.
7) Fall beneath this platform, make your way right, drop down to the ledge
below, and fall left so you can air jump back up to the next platform.
8) Now you need to DJ back to the right ledge. Do so when the block that's
sliding across is on the right so you have room to stand. DJ back up to
the left, and at this point what I do is DJ up to the heat panels and
let them get me back to the revolving ledges. Let the revolving ledges
rotate you over to the left side, and DJ over to the next platform.
9) Fall down from there, drop to the left to the small platform below. Then
like you did before, fall off to the right so you can air jump back over,
only now, use UB to fly over to the next platform. Be careful, it's easy
to overshoot this and you can't get back up.
10) If you landed successfully on 9, do not fall to the slope below. Instead,
jump off to the right, and make your way as far right as you can while
you're falling. At the last minute, make that air jump up to the final
platform. Use UB if you need it.
1) Hit the target to the right.
2) Hit the one on the platform above.
3) DJ and UB to reach the moving platform above when it's on its way down.
Hit the target on it.
4) Turn right and fire at the target at the peak of the platform's movement.
5) Stand on the edge of the left platform. Jump across to the far platform
and on your way over, press Down + B to drop a bomb on the target below.
6) DJ and UB to reach the high target on the left.
7) Now go back to the right, and do the same thing you did for number 5.
8) From the right platform, DJ up and fire at the far right target.
9) Fall from that platform to the right and hit the target on the way down.
10) When you land on the bottom platform, fire to the left to hit the final
1) Run to the right to start off.
2) DJ up to the platform above.
3) DJ all the way to the right for the next platform.
4) Now begin to fall and prepare to land on the moving platform beneath you.
If you are unsure of it's whereabouts, press start to zoom out and see
where it is currently.
5) When that platform is all the way left, jump left, then fall a bit, and
when you clear the ceiling, air jump, and UB if necessary, to make it to
the low platform on the left.
6) There are two platforms mixed in with the ledges that scale down the side
of the left wall. DJ and UB from the low platform up to those ledges,
and keep jumping on them so you land on the first...
7) and second platforms mixed among them.
8) Now jump on those ledges to climb up to the top. From the left edge, DJ
and UB all the way to the high platform on the left.
9) Now head right, and fall in the small area. Stand next to the two bouncers
that block you. Hold Z and press left to roll through them, and get the
10) Jump up through the floor above you and jump up to the high ledge on the
right. You'll hate this next move. You have to DJ and UB all the way over
to the right, and it has to be timed perfectly to make it. My only advice
is to try to jump and UB when you've returned to the level of height that
you jumped from in the first place. That will maximize the extent to
which you jump. Simply put, jump later than you think you have to.
1) Hit the target to the left.
2) Jump and hit the one above it.
3) Go left and do a Forward + A to headbutt the target through the wall.
If you dash, or hold forward when pressing A, you are NOT doing it right,
you'll just kick. Refer to my moves FAQ if you're not sure what I mean.
4) Jump to the two platforms above you. From there, DJ all the way to the
high platform and you should just make it. Hit the target there.
5) Jump on the platform to the left that moves up and down. At the peak of
its movement, DJ and press Up + B to hit the target up there with an Egg
6) Fall back down and hit the target on the main ledge.
7) DJ to the left and land on the lower left ledge. Do another DJ and UB to
hit the target above you.
8) This one you may have to try a couple of times. Facing left, DJ and UB to
throw an egg at the far left target. You can press up and to the left
after you UB so you angle the throw a little bit. If you're having trouble
hitting it, try not jumping all the way up.
9) Standing on the low ledge, turn right, and press Up + B, and then
immediately press forward, or down and forward so you toss the egg across
and not up, to hit the target.
10) DJ back to the main ledge on the right. Make your way on the moving
platform below you. Let it take you all the way to the right. From
there, jump off and fall below the last target, and then air jump back
up to hit it.
1) Time your DJ up so you pass the ledge that juts in and out.
2) Now time you DJ so you land on the second ledge that juts in and out.
Try to jump when it is just about completely in. From that ledge, DJ
up to the next platform.
3) Jump off to the right, and air jump for added distance, and you should
reach the next small platform,
4) then jump down to the right,
5) and again.
6) OK, here's the deal. There are four wooden ledges, and a platform. Watch
them go for a while. When you see the platform go by, count the next four
ledges. When the fourth one goes by, wait a moment, and then start jumping
down the chute when the platform is _OVER_ you. DO NOT PUSH DOWN yet. Let
yourself fall, and if you timed it right, the platform should over take you
as you fall. When the platform has cleared Yoshi's feet, THEN push down,
and you will get credit for clearing it.
7) If you did the above early enough, you might be able to DJ up to the right
to grab the next platform. If you had to fall left, just wait for a ledge
to clear and time your DJ back across.
8) Again, waiting for a ledge to clear so it's safe, jump back to the small
ledge below on the left. Now there are three wooden ledges and two
platforms cycling around. You can try to time it so when you jump left,
you land on the first platform that comes.
9) If you manage that, you should just have jump left again, and make it on
the second one.
10) From there, keep jumping left and you'll land on each next ledge. When
you make it as far left as you can, jump once towards the last platform,
and air jump again to make it there, but be careful not to air jump through
the ledge that was your starting point or you'll have to make your way all
the way back to finish the area.
1) Hit the target on the left.
2) Hit the one above you.
3) Jump and fly up to the ledge above you. Hit that target.
4) Now jump and fly right to hit the target by the wall. Be careful when
5) Now fly up to the higher ledge (with a UB at the end if you don't quite
make it). Jump up to the right, and fall down the chute, hitting one...
6) ...and then two targets on your way down.
7) As you fall out of the chute, hit the one in mid air, and then fly to
safety. Try not to jump or fly on your way down so you save it for when
you need to land.
8) You should land on the moving platform. Hit the target there.
9) Now fly to the left under the ledge and then back up and over. Hit the
10) Now face left, and jump up and start flying all the way up. When you're
just about to drop, UB to hit the last target with your special move.
1) Jump left,
2) then right,
3) then left.
4) Avoid the bouncers and land on the center platform.
5) Getting out of here can be a headache unless you remember one simple
move: Down and B makes Kirby a stone. Now wait for the ledge-platform
sandwich to go by, and then jump up and hang out just right of where it
comes out. When you see it come out, push yourself left into it, and you
should be right around the platform. It all drops faster than you do, so
when the platform clears Kirby's feet, push down to land on it. If the
ledge clears you, you have to do it all again.
6) Now quickly jump and fly into the chute on the left, and up to the next
platform before you run out of air. You'll probably need to use UB to
actually make it to the platform.
7) You're safe again. Ride the ledges up to the next one, and DJ back over
to the left to land on the platform.
8) Be careful about the next two. Let yourself fall down to the left slope.
You shouldn't slide here, so walk down to the fork. Fall down and land on
the point. Hold down Z and press right, and you should tuck and roll under
the bouncer, and still not slide. Walk down to the right, and stop at the
gap. From here, start flying all the way up to the right. At the last
moment do a UB against the right wall, and you should reach the high
9) Now fall ALL the way down to the right. When you see the little resting
ledge on the left side of the wall, push up to start flying again, and
make your way back to the other side to rest. This next part is difficult
to pull off right all the time, so it may take practice. You want to take
a big jump off to the left, and right when you head clears the low ceiling,
start flying back up as high as you can go, and at the last minute, while
still pressing left, do a UB to make it to the platform.
10) From here, simply fall down and fly back over to the left side of the wall
as you did before, only this time to gain the final platform. Use UB to
save you if you drop too low.
1) Hit the target on right.
2) DJ and hit the target above you.
3) DJ and UB to hit the target above that one.
4) Now jump up the steps to the right and hit the next target
5) DJ to the moving platform and hit that target.
6) DJ to the platform above that, and prepare to DJ to the left. When you
are under the next target, do a UB to hit it.
7) If you fell all the way down, make your way back up, and this time when
you UB, press up and left so you reach the high left platform. Now fall
off the side, pressing back towards the target. When you're under the
opening, jump back up and hit the target.
8) On your way down, hit the mid-air target. Alternatively, you can use the
same method for number 3.
9) Fire your laser to the left and time it so the laser goes through the gap
in the wall and hits the target on the other side.
10) This is one you have to practice a lot, or get lucky with. Turn around
and fall off the right side of the platform, and time a B button press
so you fire off a laser and hit the target as you fall. You might be able
to rescue yourself if you miss, but it's tough.
1) Run right,
2) then jump up,
3) then DJ up.
4) Try to get to three before the ledge that you started on passes by. If you
miss that ledge, don't worry, another one will swing by shortly. Take the
ledge up, moving left to avoid the first bouncer, then right to avoid the
second. Jump down into the chute to land on the next platform.
5) Continue down to the right, and hurdle the moving ledges you encounter. You
should be able to DJ and UB if needed to reach the raise platform on the
6) Now make your way back. DJ up to the break in the slope, and the DJ back
up to platform 4. Then jump up to the right, avoid the 2 bouncers, and
jump up to the next platform.
7) Continue right, and fall down the right side and land on the next platform.
You don't need the moving ledges to help you do this, but you can use them
if you want.
8) From there, jump to the left, and air jump again while you're falling down
to land on the low platform. Again, use the ledges if you want to, but
they're not necessary.
9) Now wait for a ledge to pass above you and jump on. It will take you up
to the left close to the next platform. You'll need to DJ to make it.
10) Wait for the next ledge to come by, and board it. Be careful of the
bouncer hanging around there, it can screw the next part up. When you
are directly beneath the thin chute, DJ and UB all the way up to make it
to the last platform. If that bouncer is getting in the way, wait until
the ledge clears it before falling down on to it.
1) Hit the target to the right (you can use B)...
2) ...and to the left...
3) ...and jump to hit the one above.
4) Walk to the right edge of the grass, and fire an electric bolt that will
bounce along the contour of the ground to hit the target below.
5) DJ up on the moving platform above and hit the target.
6) DJ to the ledge above that. Jump to the right ledge, and fire another
bolt with B to hit the target in the chute.
7) Now DJ to the high platform above, and jump down the chute in the center
of the field. Hit the target there. Then DJ and UB to make it back out.
8) DJ to the high platform on the left and hit the target.
9) Hit the next mid-air target over the gap on your way down.
10) Drop in the hole and hit the last target on your way down.
1) Run right, and jump on the first,
3) and third platforms.
4) Continue right and land on the platform you find next.
5) Go left across the snaking ledges, fall down and hit the next platform.
6) Continue left to the next one.
7) There is only one platform among the oddly shaped ledges. Find it and
continue on to the left.
8) From the left edge, jump off, fall a bit, then air jump back up to the
left to land on the next platform.
9) DJ up to the one above it.
10) From here you must DJ up and at the last minute, properly execute
Pikachu's double UB move by pressing Up and B first, then Up and Left and
B immediately after. You can always cheat and land on the spikes and hope
you get thrown left.
1) Hit the target on your right.
2) DJ and hit the target above that.
3) DJ and UB to hit the target above that.
4) Using the yellow and black ledge to give you a boost, DJ and UB up to
the very high ledge on the right. Hit the target there.
5) Begin falling down the right side, facing to the left. Hit the target
on your way down. Then air jump and even UB if you have to to make it
back on the yellow and black ledge. Try to time this so the ledge is
rather low. Your recover has to be very quick or you won't make it.
6) Now DJ and UB to the moving platform on the left. When it's at it's
highest, jump up and hit the target above you.
7) Then DJ and UB to the hit the high target above that.
8) Fall down to the ledge below. Do not go for the low target on the left
yet. Turn right and land on the moving platform below you. Throw a
fireball so it hits the target inside the yellow and black object.
9) You can hit the closer target with a jump and a very well timed fireball
throw. It should be low enough to clear the little block off the ceiling,
but high enough to nail the bottom of the target.
10) Now head back to the left, and jump off the left platform and hit the last
target before you fall too far.
1) DJ up to the first,
2) Then hit the platform when it rises out of the left pipe,
3) and the right pipe,
4) and then fall below and hit the platform in the low pipe.
5) Fall down the gray sloped wall to land on the platform below.
6) Jump off the platform to the right, fall a bit, and when you clear the
ceiling, air jump and UB back up to the blue ledge. Hit the platform to
7) DJ and UB up to the one above it.
8) From there, DJ and UB to the blue ledge over one of the platforms. Wait
for the ledge pendulum to swing back towards you, then DJ and UB up to the
first platform on the chain.
9) DJ up to the ledge above it, and you should be able to DJ straight up to
the highest platform from there.
10) Now fall back down to the top of the blue ledge on the right. Fall down
one side, pushing back in the opposite direction, and when the time is
right, air jump and UB up to the final platform. Be careful when you UB,
since it carries you in the direction you're facing.
1) Ness is cool since most, but not all, of his target can be hit with his PK
Thunder move. First hit the target to the left.
2) Then jump up and hit the target above to the right.
3) First move left, and jump on the platform. Press Up + B to send out a PK
Thunder, and guide it down below the platform, and then back up the gap in
the center to hit the target.
4) Send another PK Thunder straight up to hit the target above you.
5) Now DJ to the moving platform above you, ad PK Thunder the target up there.
6) Send out another PK Thunder that goes up, left, up, and then right. You
can see the target when you jump, but you won't be able to see it while you
control the PK Thunder, so try to time the motion carefully. You'll get
7) Now head back to the right, and DJ to the right to reach the high platform
with the target on it, and hit it.
8) Jump up through the platform above you, and start working your way down
the constructed maze. Stop before the next target. Hit this with a PK
Fire, and it will burn and hit...
9) ...the next target on the way down. You can't get both this one and the
last one if you don't hit 8 with PK Fire.
10) Now work your way all the way back up, stand before the straight chute,
dive in, and it your last target on the way down.
1) Fall down to the left.
2) Then fall down and pass the ledge on the right,
3) fall right again,
4) and again.
5) Fall all the way down, run left, and position yourself under the next
platform. If you're not familiar with how to use Ness's PK Thunder to
pop himself up, you're going to learn now. DJ and press UB to release
the PK Thunder. Use the control pad to guide the thunder around and
below Ness and then back up to nail him in the butt to send him flying
up to the platform.
6) Fall down and jump on the platform to the left.
7) DJ up to the left to make the next one.
8) It's PK Thunder time again. This time you want to nail him from beneath
and a bit on the right, so he flies left. DJ up to the left a bit before
pressing UB so you're sure to make it all the way up. Start doing a
series of DJs to make it all the way up and through the ledges. You can
jump straight through them to make it up. From the highest one, simply
DJ against the left wall, and you'll reach the platform while avoiding
9) Proceed into the chamber on the right. Reach the right wall, and DJ up
and UB again so you thunder yourself up to the next platform.
10) What I like to do from here is jump way out to the left, air jump, and
then press UB to release a PK Thunder, swing the thunder around my left
side, and hit myself from beneath and more to the left side so I send
myself back to the right and into the last platform. Remember to send the
thunder around in a tight arc because you won't hang in the air for too
long and you don't want to drop too far to reach the platform.
1) Hit the target on your left.
2) DJ and hit the one above it.
3) DJ up to the left on to the moving platform, and hit the target there.
4) When that platform is at it's peak, DJ and hit the high target on the left
against the wall.
5) Land and press B to Falcon Punch the target on the other side of the wall.
6) Jump up and time a B button press to Falcon Punch the higher target.
7) Now head back to the right. DJ up on to the high ledge and hit the target.
8) Walk to the right most edge of that ledge and Falcon Punch the target
floating off to the right.
9) DJ to the ledge above you and then again to the high ledge above that and
Falcon Punch the target off to the left.
10) Fall back down to the right side of the main platform, fall off the right
side, pushing left as you fall. When you're clear, jump back up and nail
the last target.
1) Run right.
2) Run right.
3) Run right, fall, run left, jump left, run left, fall.
4) Head back to the left and hit the platform that rises out of the glass.
5) Now go back to the right, fall down the slope and land on the platform down
6) Fall down and continue left to hit the next platform that rises out of the
7) Go back to 5, and run left until you're beneath a rising and falling
platform. Jump through it to get it.
8) DJ up to the right, and continue back to platform 3. From here I like to
cheat a little. Stand next to the right wall, and DJ up to the small ledge
there. Now fall down the right side, and prepare to air jump back to the
left as you pass the next platform. If you miss it, it's OK, you can work
your way back up the normal way.
9) From there, fall down to the low platform below.
10) And finally, jump left, fall a bit, and when you clear the low wall, air
jump and UB back up to the last platform. It's just easier to get the
last three this way.
1) Hit the right target,
2) then the left target,
3) and the target above.
4) Jump up to the platform above, and DJ to hit the high target.
5) Jump over to the left ledge, fall off the left side, hit the target there,
and fly back to safety.
6) Now drop down to the moving platform, and hit that target.
7) Go to the lowest platform, hit that target.
8) Jump to the platform above it, and fly up to hit the target above it.
9) Get back on the moving platform and jump off when it's roughly mid way.
Take a big jump off the right. When you begin to lose altitude, start
flying back up and across to the right, and you should land safely on
the small ledge with the next target.
10) From there, jump off to the left, and make your way back to the right.
Start flaying back up the right side to hit the final target.
1) Jump left
2) Jump up left again.
3) There are two platforms in the ledge escalator. Jump on the first one,
4) and the wait for the second one to come around.
5) Now fall down the left chute. You'll come to a platform that rises out
of the glass in random spots. This one's a pain in the butt, just try to
predict where it will rise next and meet it there. Jumping in the air and
pushing down usually lets you get it at the last second.
6) If the last one wasn't annoying enough, the next three platforms are in a
chamber with a whole bunch of bouncers flying around to get in your way.
While trying to avoid them, jump and fly up to the first one...
7) then up and to the left a little,
8) then up and over to the left again to the last small platform.
9) Then fall all the way down the right side through the chute, and down to
the floor. Moving through the passage on the left, there is a platform
the keeps dropping from the ceiling and through the floor. Time your jump
so you land on the platform. Pushing down helps.
10) Now for the one that drives everyone crazy. When you press start, you see
that very last platform (and the final platform in the whole FAQ) mocking
you and daring you to reach it. But even though Jiggles can fly like
Kirby, you can never seem to reach it no matter how far over you jump.
Puff has one little secret up his sleeve and that is his B button attack
in the air. When you press B in the air, Puff flies forward and doesn't
lose and height, you can immediately resume flying right when it's done.
So the trick here is to constantly alternate between jumping and pressing
B mid flight, jump, B, jump, B, and so on until you finally make it across
to the platform. With practice, you'll make it every time. Just don't
go to sleep in the middle :)
This document is copyright Procyon Lotor and hosted by Neoseeker with permission.