Super Mario 64 DS review
first game on ds
A classic title from the N64 comes to the Nintendo DS in all it's glory. With a new twist on the plot and a multi-player function, the new additions to the game only add to it's greatness. With the ability to change between Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, and Wario you must switch characters when you need to finish certain missions in the game. With new abilities, there are new obstacles and it adds a twist to and already awesome game.
The controls look better than the original on the smaller screen which makes the game easier on the eyes. With amazing color and great character design it's definitely a step up from the original.
Slow characters is my only real problem. Having to press a separate button to runs is annoying at first, but once you get used to the touch-screen capabilities you get over it.
With 4 characters classic Nintendo to choose from, Mario 64 DS has a great multi-player. Several different multi-player choices (such as collect more stars than your opponent on some unique multi-player courses) only add to the game. You can wirelessly play with up to 4 people with only one game cartridge and battle out your different Mario skills.
New mini games and multi-player made this game even better than the original. Now not only do have the missions for power stars, you can play mini games. With more characters and more challenge, your quest to get all the power stars is even more enjoyable.
With a unique, quirky sound effect for every motion you have, the sounds of the game make the overall experience of playing it more enjoyable. All the sounds from the original game are there, and if not they've been improved.
Better than the original?
With all the classic elements there, the DS version of the game is an improvement on an almost perfect game. With clean graphics, great game play, and awesome sound Mario 64 DS is definitely a must-have.
And with a final average score of 9.5/10, I'll give the game a 10/10.
- Can't find other stars? 0
- Last star on Mario 64 ds 2
- Is there a way of seeing which of the secret stars I have collected? 5
- Star Road DS- a total conversion of a remake based on a total conversion of the original game. 0
- make your own minigame, level, character or enemy 18
- Pokemon battelfeild 4
- Everybody Knows Sonic Isn't in SM64ds, But 64 is A Different Story 21
- General Discussion XXVIII: Freedom (I remembered the numbers!) 323
- Extra Stars? 114
- Super Mario 64 DS Caption Contest V 16
- Super Mario Caption Contest IV 418
- The strange star statue and his sign in the cortyard 22