Stranglehold will bring John Woo's famous use of hyperkinetic, choreographed action and freeze framed sequences to the video game arena and will also feature the likeness and voice talent of international action film star, Chow Yun-Fat, (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hard Boiled, Bulletproof Monk) in his video game debut. Having worked together for several feature films, the dynamic duo, Yun-Fat and Woo, are teaming up once again, but this time bringing their expertise to the world of interactive entertainment.
- Signature cinematic action: Stranglehold allows you to play a John Woo-directed action blockbuster movie. Dual-weilding, stunt-laden gameplay combined with massive destructible environment ensures that Stranglehold will be a true tour-de-force. The environmental interactivity and two-fisted gunplay all come online, bringing the experience to a whole new level.
- Amazing gunplay and stunts: Experience snooth flowing gameplay, such as running up railings, swinging on chandeliers, and leaping onto moving objects, all without interrupting intense gun battles.
- Blockbuster Hollywood talent: Featuring the cinematic flare of acclaimed action director John Woo, Stranglehold also benefits from Woo's direction on storyline, camera placement, and cutscenes. Starring international action star Chow Yun-Fat as Inspector Tequila, the game's cast is also comprised of other A-list Hollywood talent.
- Environments as weapons: Using the Massive D physics engine, bring the world down on your enemies. Carve your own realistic path of destruction through environments and manuver through unique piles of debris which persist in the environment.
- Intense cinematic gun battles: Engage the enemy in Tequila Time by targeting and firing in real-time while the world dramatically slows and enjoy the exhileration of running up railings, swinging on chandeliers, and leaping onto moving objects, all without complex controls.
- Unreal 3.0 and Havok: Using a modified version of the Unreal 3.0 engine integrated with the Havok physics system, Stranglehold breathes new life into game environments and characters with its stunning graphics. Incredible physics make it possible for everything in the world to be destructible and interactive, allowing for an ever-changing battleground depending on how players approach different situations.