BackgroundVictoria McPherson is a brilliant young FBI agent who's investigating a serial-murder case in Chicago. The body count is now at five and she has no real leads, nothing but a mountain of circumstantial evidence and a boss who's breathing down her neck.
In order to take a break from it all, she decides to visit her father in the suburbs. Their discussions involve family stories which include Victoria's grandfather, who used to be a private investigator. This leads Victoria to read one of her grandfather's old case files, a file which reveals an uncomfortably high number of similarities between a 75-year-old case in Europe and the current string of killings in Chicago...
- Compelling scenario set in modern Chicago and late 1920's Prague, this 3rd-person perspective, investigative, puzzle-driven adventure introduces logical problem solving mixed with a complex and highly involving storyline to completely immerse the player.
- Play as two characters: Gustav (Gus) McPherson, returns from 'Post Mortem' in lengthy flashback gameplay sequences triggered by his granddaughter, Victoria MacPherson, reading his diary of his time spent in Prague. Gus was a private detective turned painter, and Victoria is an investigative police detective. Her current serial-murder case is tied in a twisted and incredible plot to the Prague case that Gus solved too many years before.
- Opportunity to investigate the crime scenes of gruesome serial homicides and to solve challenging puzzles finely integrated into the storyline.
- Beautifully detailed environments, deep and intriguing characters.
- Breath-taking cinematics reward the player throughout the experience of playing Still Life
- Numerous interesting NPCs to interact with, which triggers story elements.
Hardware RequirementsWindows 98, ME, 2000, or XP
Pentium III 750 MHz (Pentium III 1.2 GHz recommended)
128 MB RAM
8x CD-ROM drive
32 MB graphics card (64 MB or equivalent recommended)