Steel Horizons offers players complete control of Naval fleets within a series of missions within a fictional scenario featuring well-known World War II battles. The game is inspired by popular pulp fiction set during World War II, and delves into the key events and characters behind historic battles. Its scenario tells of a shady third party pulling the strings to orchestrate the war, using futuristic technology to advance the carnage for their own ends.
Thus, the player is cast as the American Captain of one of three ultra-secret Navy vessels, and while initially surviving battles, must also expose and ultimately destroy the meddling organisation and save the world. Thus, the ships at the player's disposal include battleships, aircraft carriers, destroyers and submarines, and the individual attributes of each must be used to take out enemy fleets and the organisation's more advanced vessels.
In addition to the involving solo mode, players can also compete against a rival player via the wireless multi-player modes the hardware allows.
- Build and command a powerful WW2 naval fleet, comprised of battleships, submarines, aircraft carriers and many other types of ships.
- Customize one of three unique flagships and decide how you want to play.
- Each weapon has its own effects, from the mighty 18" main batteries of a battleship to a submarine's torpedos.
- Dynamic camera angles, damage states and impressive effects highlight the action.
- Combine the best of turn-based strategy and real-time action games: strategically position your fleets and engage in real-time 3D combat.
- Fight the Axis powers and a sinister organization operating in the shadows of the great powers in 20 compelling missions, in both the Atlantic and Pacific theatres.
- Challenge your friend wirelessly in a variety of multiplayer battles!