Star Fox Adventures User Reviews
You get to use Fox.
Ending suited the game.
Andross isn't the only big enemy.
Not enough bosses.
The bit where you have to get to every piece of Dinosaur Planet. That ring game! It's a load of bullcrap.
Tricky looks cool, but you always have to have him around (except for the Pteradactyl-thing level).
You only control Krystal once. I'd like to control her more.
Nice ideas, but not enough to last a whole game (the last Spirit was way too rushed).
Looks more like a game. The dudes look realistic (well, in Nintendo's opinion anyways) and the other things look okay.
Bit repetitive sometimes. They actually talk (unlike the old Nintendo games) and some of the characters sound good while other characters (Krystal, Fox, Tricky) sound weird.
Well, you simply have to start by destroying this ship's defence system. Then you have to explore. Then you go to another and explore again. Then you get a Spiri...
- Starfox and friends on the GameCube. Starfox himself looks amazing (graphically, of course). This is the best he has looked to date. Convincing voices for every character brings you right into the story.
- You spend most of your time on foot, instead of in the Arwing (unlike past Starfox games). There are still Arwing parts though.
- Play as Starfox himself, Crystal, and even transform into a SharpClaw to do certain tasks. A little helpful dinosaur named Tricky follows you around most of the game and offers his assistence when needed.
- Many different, cool tribes of dinosaurs.
- Very nice graphics and cutscenes.
- One big planet with beautiful environments/worlds, and also other planets.
- Each level has many different tasks and things to do.
- Sliding down ladders and playing with Tricky and his ball are amusing.
- Ride many dinosaurs in the game, which allow you do do different things which include: making your way through a blizzard, ramming into things, flying around, and more.
- Use a cool staff to defeat your enemies. It allows you to use 3 different combos, as well as special attacks and commands which are unlocked throughout the game.
- A store where you can buy many things, some of which are necessary to the completion of the game.
- Unique story that unfolds until the very end of the game.
- Fighting enemies with your staff is unique and very fun. During combos, the pace slows down which is kinda cool (almost Matrix-like).
- Some levels in the game need to revisited to complete tasks that were not available when you first explore the level. Good use of levels, not just going to them once and never needing to revisit them.
- You only use Crystal once, at the very beginning of the game. I would have liked to use her more.
- Though Tricky is cool, I don't generally enjoy games where I am followed by things and have to worry where they are at all times before I progress.
- Having to do an easy, slightly annoying "flying through rings in space" game when you go to every planet is not fun. Would have been nice to get a reward for collecting so many points during these annoyances.
- You hardly use the Arwing for anything besides doing the annoying "flying through rings in space" game.
- There are a few bosses in the game, which in itself is bad enough that there are only a few, but the few that the game has are easy, which is a complete letdown because they could have been so much better. It's nice to see some strategy involved in beating them, not just blasting them with a weapon until they die, though.
- There is only one store in the game, and you have to travel underground to get to it, which is annoying.
- Going up ladders and walls is so boring and takes too long.
- You have to buy maps to levels, which is unique, but if the player happens to not know this or forgets to buy one before they visit a level, then its such a hassel to have to fly back to Dinosaur planet and go into the underground store to buy it, and then fly back.
- Big planet, but there isn't that much to explore other than what you have to.
- The parts of the game where you need to use fireflies to see are so annoying. The fireflies barely light up anything, so you are walking around in the dark, wondering what to do a lot.
- Cheat tokens and the maze are useless, as are the cheats.
- Playing with Tricky makes him change colors, which is completely useless.
- You only have 3 combos in the game, which makes fighting enemies pretty repetitive. It would have been nice to learn new combos or something.
- At the end of the game, there is a twist which is completely unexpected. I wanted to face the main bad guy that you are trying to defeat the entire game, which would have made sense, but I didn't get to do that. Instead, the game has an ending that completely doesn't fit in with the whole story.
Though there are many little things that make this game slightly worse, Starfox Adventures is a very great game to play and enjoy, no matter how much of a Zelda ripoff it seems like. It is nice to see a Starfox game where you are not in an Arwing the entire time, but since you are on foot 95% of the time, the Arwing parts of the game are dumb.
There are many great looking environments and tons of tasks to do in each. As Starfox you carry a staff that you find early in the game, and as you play more of the game, you unlock more of the staffs powers. Each level requires you to use some of the ...
The graphics, the characters, prince tricky, and loads more. the baddies look pretty good to!The bad:
quite simple, easy to complete. you cant go back to many placesSummary:
CURSE WHOEVER CALLED THE LIGHTFOOT CHIEF A FAGGOT! HE DOESNT JABBER ANYWHERE NEAR A MUCH AS A CLOUDRUNNER QUEEN! IF YOU CALL HIM THAT AGAIN, I`LL........ i`llllll. ANYWAY! starfox is a pretty good game. i really enjoyed it, and most people who loke games like this will. the graphics are great! starfox himself looks great, and the fur affects on fowx and krystal are good too. Unfortunately, the fire blaster is really hard to get on target. the krazoa spirits stuff is really annoying sometimes! my fave tribe is the lightfoots. (as most people can guess) hopefull the next game will have more B...
Takes many gameplay elements from Ocarina of Time
Some sweet new ideas
Its a blast the first time through....
....But not on the second, third etc.
No depth to battle system
If you are Just looking at the score i give it then you arent getting the full story- This is an amazing game with excellent level design, great gameplay mechanics and a great look backed with extreamly decent animation.
So why a score like 3.9?? Its not a bad score really,i always convert scores out of 5 back to 10- which would be 78/100, which is a decent score. Still you may ask, if you love the game so muck, why not give it a score in the 90's????
We now come to the games weakest point- The replay value. that knocks he score down 10% or so, a 95 to an 85. The game feels boring after you c...
This game had exellent graphics and a lot of different sounds and music. I also like the way that the scene is matched so delightfully with the sounds such as scary music for the scary scenes. The storyline is also pretty decent.The bad:
I honesty think the rating T is too much. Also I dont like the fact that after you beat the game you can not continue to explore dinosaur planet.Summary:
This is my first review so do not make fun of me if it is too stupid for you to handle. I read other reviews so I decided to make one up myself. This game might come with the gamecube also like mine did. This actually might be a lucky result of purchase. Also the game might be appropriate for children under the age of 13 due to the fact that I did not see any animated blood that the case said I would. Thats about it.
Two Words: Talking Dinosaurs. If You Have To Ask Whether That's a Good Thing or Not, You're Probably Too Young to Play This GameThe good:
The graphics are awesome, and the music is pretty good. I love the word Krazoa. Say it with me now. Kraaaaaa-zoooooo-aaaaaaa. Wasn't that neat?The bad:
Like I said, talking dinosaurs. That's everyone's dream, right? Well, when you're a boy...in the first grade, I might add. This game is rated T. Anyone old enough to play this (not like anyone pays any attention to those ratings except parents) would either hate the awful British accent dinosaurs (I don't have anything against the British, just British dinosaurs.) or be extremely immature. This is a good way to test your maturity. Like the dinosaurs. Yes? Well, you obviously have problems and will never get a boy and/or girlfriend. Dookie on you.Summary:
Wow, that's the longest review title I've ever done. If I can last a Kirby game without getting embaressed in the slightest, it's pretty bad that this game embarrasses me. You're probably getting annoyed at my talking dinosaur rambling. Well, I'll tell you what else lost this game points. That's right. There's more. For example, boss 1. Sweet, jumping chilli beans, what the heck is that thing? I'm afraid to find out what scary, scary person actually thought that was cool. Slippy's voice: awful. That weird dinosaur dude that is all evil and stuff: *bleep*ed. (I forgot his name!) ...
- Test 3 - The Test of Fear 17
- I cant beat muscle foot *any tips* 48
- Remake 0
- Star fox banner/avatar/stamp thread 1
- The secret to beating MuscleFoot 9
- do you have any cheats to beat musclefoot 18
- Link V.S. Fox (WHo would when in a battle?) 32
- Staff Abilities, Queen, and Scarab Help 4
- Help! 0
- HOW DO YOU SHOOT THE SPIRES AT DRAGON ROCK 3
- General Scales? (major spoilers) 0
- HEEELP!!!! 1