A story within a sandbox
Starbound is a 2D platforming game set in side-scrolling, procedurally generated sandbox worlds. The player character is a customizable avatar from one of nine unique alien races escaping their homeworld aboard a space shuttle, which crash lands on a randomly generated planet. There, the player will need to scavenge for resources to craft gear and structures needed to survive, and maybe even make it off the planet in search of new ones across the galaxy.
 Game Play
Once on the space station, you'll have to fix it up, get a crew, and conduct research to increase your ability to explore the furthest reaches of the universe in retro side-scrolling fashion.
- Procedurally generated worlds, a whole universe to explore
- Each world has its own unique co-ordinates, share what you've found
- Lay claim to a planet, populating it with NPCs and alter the very weather and terraform it to your liking
- Features quests and story driven missions
- Fully Co-Op, band together and explore the universe
- Keep track of everything in an electronic logbook
- Factory - To create mechs (and maybe more?)
- Labs - To study and train captured creatures
- Scan objects and find special qualities
 Hardware Info
 PC Hardware Info