Super Smash Bros. Melee is the GameCube sequel to the N64 multiplayer brawl-fest, Super Smash Bros. Smash Bros. allowed you to do some serious smashin' using popular Nintendo characters like Mario, Link, and Samus, and Smash Bros. Melee gives you more of the original, with even more playable characters and game modes!
The gameplay is just like the regular version of Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64. Choose from over dozens of your favorite Nintendo characters and compete into battles with one another. Select from a variety of stages, each containing their own special features such as the Pokemon Stadium (where the stage changes) and regular ones including the Star Fox ship. A lot of items are also available to choose from. These items randomly fall from the top of the screen and can be picked up so that you have a bigger advantage of defeating your opponent.
- The craziest four-player fighting game of all time returns for a frantic, fun-filled Nintendo GameCube Melee! Pick a classic character and enter the fray.
- A brand-new Adventure mode takes you through classic side-scrolling worlds like the Mushroom Kingdom!
- Choose from over 20 stages and wage battles with tons of items, like Bob-Ombs and the Super Scope.
- Tons of custom options await, each with a wild twist. Try playing Giant Melee for a gargantuan clash!
- Battle through a new Coin match, fight for style points in Bonus mode, or stage a tournament with up to 64 players!
- Unlock cool game secrets! Take on Event Mode and fight through specific battle challenges.
- As you play, collect nearly 300 detailed trophies of characters and items from throughout Nintendo's history.
This game is also known as Dairantou Smash Brothers DX in Japan.