Space Empires V is the latest edition in the Space Empires series. This new chapter completely updates the UI and takes the player into a real-time rendered 3D universe. Watch space battles played out in glorious detail and realistic effects.
Expand, Explore, Exploit, and Exterminate in a huge living breathing galaxy. New features abound with political alliances between multiple empires, a top-down ship design system, a hexagonal movement grid, and many more.
- 24 bit 3D real-time rendered graphics.
- Detailed Tactical Combat (and a combat simulator to test your designs!).
- New vehicle types and sizes: Ships, Bases, Freighters, Fighters, Mines, Satellites, Troops, Drones, and Weapons Platforms.
- Ability to completely design and customize all of your vehicles.
- Large Galaxy: 100 solar systems with 15 planets each.
- Huge Technology Tree: Thousands of tech levels with hundreds of components and facilities.
- Completely customizable game graphics: Create your own planets, stars, vehicles, etc.
- Completely customizable AI players: Create your own AI players with unique traits, styles, and speech.
- 14 unique races to play or customize (or just create your own!)
- Randomly generated map for every game (or load an existing map).
- Complete game customization allowed by players ("mods").
 Hardware Requirements
Pentium 500MHz or better class machine
Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP
64 megabytes RAM or better
1024x768 or better screen resolution
16 bit color display or better
DirectX 7.0 (or better)
A video card with 3D acceleration
500 megs hard drive space
A sound card capable of supporting MP3 and DirectSound playback. Sound card must be DirectX 7.0 (or better) compatible.