The four interstellar empires continue their battle against the oppressive Zuul, while secretly seeking advantage over each other. However, a race once thought extinct returns with a vengeance. Utilizing dark, crow-shaped attack drones and mastery of space, the Morrigi seek dominion over the other five races.
A Murder of Crows is the second expansion for Sword of the Stars, adding new ships, weapons, tactics and technology for the five existing races while adding a new sixth race, the Morrigi who previously appeared as a series of mysterious random events in the first expansion pack.
- A New Sixth race – The Morrigi, who appeared as a series of mysterious random events in Born of Blood (the first Sword of the Stars expansion pack), continues to evolve the ever-expanding Sword of the Stars universe
- New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
- Unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System for Morrigi Ships – The more Morrigi ships in a fleet, the faster they can travel, continuing the racial diversity unique to the Sword of the Stars gameplay experience
- 15 new weapons
- 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
- Sword of the Stars gameplay continues to deepen with Civilian populations, independent worlds, Espionage options, and demands for planetary surrender
- Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
- Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
- A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions