Command a secret subset of the most elite and deadly fighting force on the planet as players defend America and her allies through broad combat experiences including new non-linear mission progression, over 40 authentic real world weapons and a huge area of operation spanning multiple terrain types and environments. As the SEAL commander, the player will be supported by an AI teammate executing traditional SOCOM team-based tactical, stealth and action gameplay. Multiple players will once again be able to form clans and take on their friends for team based high-action gameplay in SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo 2 via a Wi-Fi* connection. Up to 16 players in close proximity in Ad Hoc mode and online in Infrastructure mode can compete wirelessly through 3 new game types across all new multiplayer maps and original SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo maps.
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo 2 is complete with a variety of new gameplay features including new non-linear mission progression, which allows players to choose which mission to tackle next and also provides players with the ability to go back to previous mission areas when enemy activity resurfaces there. Additionally, a new persistent performance rating system tracks the player's success and failure throughout the campaign. By completing mission goals, discovering bonus objectives, and rescuing civilians, the player will earn "Command Equity" points that can be used to add new weapons to the armory or purchase in-game air strikes and supply drops. They will also increase their "Local Influence" rating, which will give them access to black market weapons and intel from locals.
- Command your teammate in 14 different single-player missions, designed with detailed plots and varied mission objectives.
- Non-linear mission progression enables players to strategically choose which mission they will take on next.
- Dynamic mission generation allows for nearly endless replay. Once a player completes a single player mission map, that map can again become active multiple times with new objectives and enemies.
- Command Equity is what SEALs earn when they perform well with core aspects of a mission. Command Equity points can be earned through mission performance and used to purchase special military assets such as weapons, satellite intelligence, air strikes and more.
- Local Influence is the civilian counterpart to Command Equity, and deals with how the SEALs interact with local populations during the campaign. Local Influence rating determines your standing with the local population and the higher the rating the more chance there is that they will give you free intel and access to black market items and equipment.
- Enemy tactics and behavior have been dramatically improved for more authentic and immersive scenarios and combat.
- The graphics engine has been significantly enhanced allowing for more realistic environments, characters and effects.
- Over 40 authentic weapons and equipment options offer players the ability to customize their SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo 2 gameplay experience.
- Multiplayer - Players will be able to team up and compete with friends in Ad Hoc and Infrastructure Modes through a Wi-Fi connection*. 16 players in close proximity (via Ad Hoc mode) and across the country (via Infrastructure Mode) can play together wirelessly.
- Playing wirelessly, gamers will experience 3 new multiplayer game modes including Tug-of-War Control Points, Capture the Flag and Target.
- Expanded online community support features include: tournaments, clan challenges and ladders and enhanced friends list and instant messaging features.
- Improved Crosstalk functionality between SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo 2 and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault allows each game to have even more dramatic effects on the progression of the other, in addition to unlocking special features across the titles.
- Association with the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command ensures authentic and realistic SEAL gameplay and mission designs.