Smuggler's Run is a racing game in which you're running from the authorities and other smugglers with a bag of loot. The object of each level is to locate and pick up the gold or loot without getting caught. You can control the cars in your gang.
- Huge environments - featuring 2 immense new international maps: Afghanistan and Vietnam, complete with palatial temples, ancient ruins, prosperous fishing towns and small bombed out villages.
- Over 30 daring missions
- Fully interactive environments full of hazards including minefields, crossfire, and avalanches that raise the stakes, adding fuel to the fire.
- Incredible vistas - anywhere you can see, you can drive to. Pick a point, miles away on the horizon, and drive there! - if you can make it across hostile territory.
- Night missions make covert operations twice as deadly.
- All loot, parts and contraband must be handled with care. Some of the goods may slow you down, some if it may bounce around and break and anything with a biohazard sticker on it will blow up when the timer expires!
- New, additional vehicles including quad bikes and tank-line military vehicles. All Vehicles take damage and parts fly off during collisions with interactive obstacles.
- Varying weather conditions (including rain, snow, fog and sandstorms) affect missions and vehicle handling.
- Fully immersive storyline with full motion video cut scenes, integrating gameplay goals with a detailed, cohesive plot.
- Enhanced graphics with dynamic reflection mapping and high resolution smoke and particle effects.
- Enhanced gang and enemy AI.
- Audio optimization makes full use of the PS2 hardware.
- Solid 60 Hz framerate.