Slam, smash, beat and brawl your friends in Shrek SuperSlam - the most twisted fighting game ever! Play as 20 characters from the Shrek universe, including Shrek, Donkey, Puss in Boots, and the villainous Prince Charming. SuperSlam your opponents through windows and walls in 16 fully destructible environments. Run for cover when characters unleash their signature fighting moves, like Shrek's disgusting Green Storm (better plug your nose!) and Puss in Boots' irresistible Cute Attack.
Each character has a basic light and heavy attack plus throws and a unique slam attack that they can use once they build up enough power by hitting their foes. Each character also has specific strengths and weaknesses that will impact how players battle with them. Players can also grab weapons that appear on each level and use them against their opponents. There are a number of different modes in the game, including the single-player story mode, tutorial mode, multiplayer mode, and the mega challenge mode. Story mode allows players to unlock more characters, stages, and alternate outfits for the fighters. Challenge mode presents players with a challenge a race, a number of items to collect, etc that they must accomplish before their opponents do. More special characters and unlockable items are available for players who complete each minigame.
- Play the whole motley crew - Gamers choose to play as one of 20 fantastical characters from the movies - including heroes like Shrek, Donkey, Puss-in- Boots, and Princess Fiona, and villains like Prince Charming, Cap'n Hook, and many more. So many favorite characters, including some all new for the game, makes for endless combinations of multiplayer action. (10 characters on Nintendo Game BoyÒ Advance, 13 on Nintendo DS)
- Enjoy a buffet of irreverence - Players relive the twisted humor of the world of Shrek as characters deliver taunts and jokes and farcical environments parody TV shows, movies, and other pop culture icons.
- New signature moves - Shrek's gaseous "Green Storm" clears the room, Puss-in-Boots' disarming "Love-Stun" sweeps opponents off their feet and Pinocchio wields his lengthened nose, the "Spear of Truth," to dive-bomb enemies. These are among the game's totally twisted and hilarious signature fighting moves. (Characters' moves vary between console and handheld)
- Fully destructible environments - Players can hurl opponents through walls and windows and throw debris at their opponents. All 16 arenas are totally destructible and loaded with weapons, potions, magical items and environmental hazards. (10 arenas on Game Boy Advance)
- Pummel your friends - Up to four players can slam it out in multiplayer, free-for-all melee combat.
- Hocus Pocus - Characters can pick up 30 different weapons, potions, and magical items throughout the game to pound opponents with the Giant Ham Hock, become a battering ram with the Horned Viking Helmet, increase quickness with the "Speed of the Gato" potion, or enjoy many other unique power-ups. (25 items on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS).
- Mega Challenges - Players slam through over 30 mini games that test skills and fray nerves. (25 mega challenges on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS)
- Touch-screen and map on Nintendo DS - On the Nintendo DS, players can touch the screen to collect weapons and potions or to navigate the arenas using a detailed overview map.