The 6th Instaulment of the Battle Network Series. Lan Has moved to a new town and will be meeting new friends in this game. The story follows the legend of the two beasts. Somewhere in the cyberworld exists an enormous hole. It is said that in bygone days, the cyber beasts Falzer and Greiga, whom possessed incredible power, came from this hole and caused great conflict as they battled with one another. Not only that, but the two also caused havoc directly on the "netizens" of the time. Falzor, the bird-like beast, created great gusts flapping its wings, and with its claws tore programs to shreds. Meanwhile, Greiga, the wolf-like beast, shook the internet with its incredible howls, and devoured numerous Net Navis. By some means, though, both beasts entered a long sleep, and the reality of their chaos turned into legend. However, now it seems they have be reawakened.
- Mega Man Battle Network 6 includes the following features:
- New town, new storyline!
- Cross System" – defeat Link Navis and gain their special "Cross" ability which Mega Man can use in battle
- "Beast Out" powers – allows players to use the abilities of a formidable Cybeast creature
- Combine both Cross and Beast Out systems for incredible power possibilities!
- Game Link Cable and wireless adapter compatible functions
- Trade programs and Battle Chips
- Compare records and have Net battles with your friends
- Distinct features for Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar
- Five distinct Link Navis aid Mega Man in each version, for a total of 10
- Assorted Battle Chips for each version
- Each Cybeast is the final boss for the two versions
- Combinations of Cross and Beast Out systems vary between the two versions
- Different strategies for winning – with unique powers available and different enemies players face in each game, the strategy for completing them will change
This game is also known as Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cyber Beast Greiga.