Ridge Racer V features seven courses and five gameplay modes. Details such as shading, translucent glass, reflections, smoke, sparks and heat waves make for a graphically-exciting game. The 6 initial cars can jump off hills.
- Ridge Racer V will contain seven courses running through Ridge City. Each course will use a different route through the city and each will have varied difficulty levels. The different game modes are:
- Grand Prix pits players against the CPU in a series of races.
- Time Attack allows players to race against the clock.
- Versus mode features head-to-head competition against human opponents.
- Dual Mode allows players to race against the computer in a one-on-one event. If the player wins, he gets to keep the opponent's car.
- Free Run mode lets players drive around the tracks with no time limits, laps or other restrictions. Choose any car and do anything you want.
- Six cars will be available at the beginning of the game. They are Toreador, Fiaro, Solare, Fortune, E.O. and Mercurio.
 Hardware Requirements
8MB Playstation 2 Memory Card required.
420KB minimum space needed to save.
Analog Control Compatible: All Buttons.
Vibration Function Compatible.