Red Faction II User Reviews
If it sells, give it a sequel.
Red Faction wasn't that good of a game, but a lot of people bought it, meaning that a sequel is inevitable. So here we are with Red Faction 2, which is almost the same game! But you want to know what's funny? Even though it's almost the same thing, it feels like a better game! The shooting is more exciting, which is what it needed to keep itself afloat, and the Geo Modding, although toned down, is much more important for the single player campaign. It's weird what a few small improvements can do to a game! I mean, it's not the next great shooter, but it's certa...
- Unique number and variety of weapons - The GeoMod technology - The in-game music changes depending on situation - Lots of unlockables - One of the best multiplayer modes around - Two words : Battle ArmourThe bad:
- Relatively short and repetitive single player mode - Varying difficulty curves - No multiplayer campaign - Cannot drive / fly vehiclesSummary:
Released in October 2002, Red Faction II is still one of the best four years on. For a First-Person Shooter, and the next-generation consoles becoming more mainstream, that is one incredible feat. The sheer number ad variety of the weapons in Red Faction II is incredible. From Handgus to Rocket Launchers, Machine Guns to Rail Drivers, the sheer plethora of available weapons is amazing. And for those of us here that prefer to keep some distance between our un-suspecting foes and ourselves, there is not one but two different Sniper Rifles available. Having a heavy influence in both the ...
1.Cool blowing up walls with exclusive GeoMod technology.
2.Weapons are really cool.
3.The Graphics are quite good.
4.Great Gamplay it is very good.
5.The fact that you can blew off pieces of your enemies head.
6.Good plot twist.
7.Weapons lean towrds the future.
8.Good plot twist.(woops a typo lol.)
9.loads of differnet vehicles to drive,tanks,gunships,subsmarines etc.
1.Weird looking mutations which more easily shocked gamers should avoid.Summary:
You play the role of Alias,the explosives guy on an elite team of nano-enhanced super-soldiers.It is set in the future as well.
Some weird stuuf like cicilians that are nano-enhanced.Yeah right maybe enhanced in other area apart from looks.
There is an extensive range of weapons,vehicless,enemies,civilians and much more.Yes much more........
Annoying Difficult Later On
Red Faction 2 is not what you would want from a first-person shooter. It is a very mediocre experience that should be avoided.
The game's plot is cliched and has some very annoying characters. The Faction squad talk bullshit to you every two minutes and things are made worst anytime rookie, Echo, talks. The enemies in Red Faction 2 are very boring and blocky to look at. To be fair they are varied from Elite Robots to Mutants from projects that went very far wrong. But this game has went wrong.
So what is so crap you say. The gameplay is incredibly straightforward and standard. In terms of kil...
[size=4] RED FACTION II [/size]
For Playstation 2
RATED MA15+ - Medium level animated violence.
*Keyboard and mouse compatible
*1-4 Players (Multitap required)
*Memory card required to save (170kb min)
5. GAME STRUCTURE
6. ENEMY AI
11. OUTRO / OVERVIEW
And I thought Red Faction original was good. The sequel is a vast improvement over the original game, everything has been beefed up and is easier to use.
The graphics are sharper, more realistic. The weapons are more versatile, more powerful. The enemies, smarte...
Alright, I'll break it down into some catagories to give you a good review of Red Faction II [hereafter "RF"]
- The graphics of RF are great, above average, but not on par with such things as MGS or Final Fantasy. It's definitely prettier than the average-Joe video game, however, and it leaves the gamer pleased visually.
- When you're stuck in a room, what do you do? Blow a hole in the wall, of course. The RF franchise is one of the only series that has a special game engine that allows the player to "manipulate geometric items" in the game. Yes, that means you blow s...
- repta is blocking me in!!! 3
- Do the cemetary zombies spawn forever? 3
- help me blow the bridge 0
- Introduction thread. 4
- Gibby Ammo/Gibby Grenades? 0
- Who is your favriote character??? 0
- What are your favourite wepons? 18
- who is the best player in Red Faction ll? 7
- bot manager suggestions? 2
- crazy things with geo mod 4
- RED FACTION 3 5
- 5 Ton Truck in the Extras > Equipment Section 7